See Arwinss page for the alternative win32 subsystem implementation effort.
See also Win32k_design_guideline
The Graphics Device Interface Provides functionality for outputting graphical content to monitors, printers and other output devices. It resides in gdi.exe on 16-bit Windows, and gdi32.dll on 32-bit Windows in user-mode. Kernel-mode GDI support is provided by win32k.sys which communicates directly with the graphics driver.
- Scrollbar thumbs (Thomas Weidenmueller)
- Implemented several scrollbar functions (Thomas Weidenmueller)
- Improved mouse (buttons) handling (Thomas Weidenmueller)
- RoundRect (Royce Mitchell III)
- Implemented partial ReleaseDC() (Gé van Geldorp)