I am a junior CompSci student at Michigan State University. I began working on this project in early summer of 2005. I got commit access sometime near the end of the summer. I really like this project and hope to be a long time. I think it was great potenial to be useable OS in the upcoming years. I really don't know that much compared to everyone else that works on the project. I work mostly under cmd right now and plan on sticking that for a while because I can actually understand it. I just recently made a program simlair to gettype.exe on Windows 2k3. I am best at non gui apps and plan on implementing as many as I can. But I also do have plans to move on to gui apps sometime down the road. After gettype is done, I am thinking about w32time or tree. I released 0.2.8 with the help of Robert. I will be filling his spot while he is gone. I fumbled up a few times in this process but I think I should be able to do it without problem from now on. Slightly inactive right now because my school work is pretty busy.
Things on my list of things that one day i might think about doing
- Implmenet Set /P
This is pretty straight forward. When doing this make sure to take into account the way MS handles "set /A /P foo=5" compared to "set /P /A foo=5".
- Compile as unicode
Not sure what is wrong with it, put probably more then just one thing blocking this. For sure pipes break when it is compiled as unicode.
- Move.c code clean up
It works, but it needs to be cleaned up, the code is long and overly complex for what it needs to do. Also, we can remove the hack to cover for MoveFileEx bug as it isnt a bug anymore.
- If rewrite
It works decent but looks _awful_. Very hard to maintain and/or understand what the hell is going on.
- Remove Hardcoded buffers
This is mostly done thanks to Greatlord(cmd.c is the hardest spot that is left). Anytime when you are handling a string that is taken from the commandline there should be no limit to the size.
- Implment & and &&
& runs two commands no matter what. && runs the 2nd command only if the first was a success Not sure where to put this code even
- Reg Testing
We need more batch files like the one Royce made for "set /a". What out for if bugs when doing this... could lead to in the wrong direction when looking for a regression.
- Finish off getting remote info using remote registry
- I have a skeleton in my local copy, just need to start filling in each command
- Getting the size of a menu item doesnt work correctly. It trys to copy kernel memory where it cant. This stops Tall Menu from the SDK from working correctly.
- AVL implement... I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can
- Implement replacefile, I have some hacked up code but it needs a lot of work and doesnt work yet.
- get wget working(not sure on status)
- fix text displaying problems, this is something I probably can't do. maybe if I can look at how haiku is going to handle it.
I hope someday that I can be just like David Welch, and make this project the best it can!