The page formerly known as 'Networking (TCP/IP!) dude.'
I am a dedicated curmudgeon. Stan Kelly-Bootle is my hero. I feed trolls when they start a language war or a war about indenting. Just for the hell of it, I'm doing a PowerPC port. I primarily work on the network code. I have a soft spot for role playing games. I admire these non-computer people: Leo McKern, Ace Hayes, Bud Clark. 1978 was the apex of western civilization.
Things that happened in 1978
Some people say 'but I think 1983 was the apex of western civilization.' Those people are wrong.
- Jimmy Carter, later a nobel peace prize winner, is elected president of America
- Journey: Infinity is released
- Kansas: Two for the show is released
- Styx: Pieces of eight is released
- Foreigner: Double vision is released
- The Who: Who are you? is released
- Steely Dan: Greatest Hits is released
- Blue Oyster Cult: Some enchanted evening is released
- The Kinks: Misfits is released
- The Police: Outlandos D'Amour is released
- Van Halen is released
- Battlestar Galactica
- The Deer Hunter wins an oscar for Best Picture
- Superman receives oscars for Visual Effects
- Last year the 70's style Cadillac ElDorado and Olds Toronodo are produced
- Warren Robinette plants the first successful easter egg.