Revision as of 10:17, 21 August 2019 by Tux- (USBOCHI_NEW driver enabled (As evidenced by commit 88cf5b0a3c429437d8dddb2f2759812b99683087 which enables *_new usb stack with exception of usbstor_new)))
Vgal USB state
Here is the current state of Vadim Galyant's USB patches, which all together represent the new version of the ReactOS USB stack.
Additional notes are listed below the table.
|# apply seq||Patch name||# PR||Status||LiveUSB Required|
|1||[USBPORT] Transaction Translator||#283||Merged||Yes|
|2||[USBPORT] Correct size adressing for PA (01)||N/A||Merged||Yes|
|3||[USBOHCI_NEW] Correct size adressing for PA||N/A||Merged||Yes|
|4||[USBOHCI_NEW] Enable driver||N/A||Merged||Yes|
|5||[USBUHCI_NEW] Bring-in new USB UHCI driver (requires patch 2, 3)||#245||Merged||Yes|
|6||[USBEHCI_NEW] Bring-in new USB EHCI driver (requires patch 2, 3)||#301||Merged||Yes|
|7||[USBSTOR_NEW] Bring-in new USB Storage driver||#1450||Merged|
|8||[USBHUB] Black list for unsupported devices||N/A||Will not be merged||H/W depend|
|9||[USBHUB] Make ReactOS bootable from USB||N/A||Not merged||Yes|
|10||[USBCCGP] Fix SelectConfiguration NULL handling||N/A||Not merged|
|11||[HID] Bring-in new USB HID support||N/A||Not merged|
|12||[NTOSKRNL][HAL] Allow USB boot in PnP Enumeration Worker||#1569||Not merged||Yes|
|13||[USBHUB] Move DPRINT after check Status||#282||Merged|
|14||[NTOSKRNL][BOOT] Hack for ImportHwIDs||N/A||Not merged|
|15||[NTOSKRNL][USETUP] Hack for USB keyboard in 1st Stage Setup||63286c6||Superseded|
|16||[NTOSKRNL] Fix and improve IopValidateID()||#341||Merged|
|17||[USBPORT][USBHUB_NEW] Fix QueryIDs||N/A||Merged|
- To achieve successfull Live USB boot, it is enough to merge all patches that are marked as Required.
- Before merging new UHCI and EHCI drivers, "Correct size adressing for PA" patches should be merged.
- Patch #8 with black list of devices is required to boot successfully on some machines, until the support for Isochronous Transfers would be implemented.
- History of USB in ReactOS April 9th, 2009
- More news about USB April 22nd, 2010
- New USB Drivers April 28th, 2011
- Two of Four host controller interface drivers completed January 23rd, 2012
- USB Working January 26, 2012
- USB branch merged at r55555 February 12th, 2012
- USB branch merged with trunk February 28th, 2012