Vgal USB state
Here is the current state of Vadim Galyant's USB patches.
Additional notes are listed below the table.
|# apply seq||Patch name||# PR||Status||LiveUSB Required|
|1||[USBPORT] Transaction Translator||#283||Merged||Yes|
|2||[USBPORT] Correct size adressing for PA (01)||N/A||Merged||Yes|
|3||[USBOHCI_NEW] Correct size adressing for PA||N/A||Merged||Yes|
|4||[USBOHCI_NEW] Enable driver||N/A||Not merged||Yes|
|5||[USBUHCI_NEW] Bring-in new USB UHCI driver (requires patch 2, 3)||#245||Merged||Yes|
|6||[USBEHCI_NEW] Bring-in new USB EHCI driver (requires patch 2, 3)||#301||Merged||Yes|
|7||[USBSTOR_NEW] Bring-in new USB Storage driver||#1450||Not merged|
|8||[USBHUB] Black list for unsupported devices||N/A||Will not be merged||H/W depend|
|9||[USBHUB] Make ReactOS bootable from USB||N/A||Not merged||Yes|
|10||[USBCCGP] Fix SelectConfiguration NULL handling||N/A||Not merged|
|11||[HID] Bring-in new USB HID support||N/A||Not merged|
|12||[NTOSKRNL][HAL] Allow USB boot in PnP Enumeration Worker||#1569||Not merged||Yes|
|13||[USBHUB] Move DPRINT after check Status||#282||Merged|
|14||[NTOSKRNL][BOOT] Hack for ImportHwIDs||N/A||Not merged|
|15||[NTOSKRNL][USETUP] Hack for USB keyboard in 1st Stage Setup||63286c6||Superseded|
|16||[NTOSKRNL] Fix and improve IopValidateID()||#341||Merged|
|17||[USBPORT][USBHUB_NEW] Fix QueryIDs||N/A||Merged|
- To achieve successfull Live USB boot, it is enough to merge all patches that are marked as Required.
- Before merging new UHCI and EHCI drivers, "Correct size adressing for PA" patches should be merged.
- Patch #8 with black list of devices is required to boot successfully on some machines, until the support for Isochronous Transfers would be implemented.
- History of USB in ReactOS April 9th, 2009
- More news about USB April 22nd, 2010
- New USB Drivers April 28th, 2011
- Two of Four host controller interface drivers completed January 23rd, 2012
- USB Working January 26, 2012
- USB branch merged at r55555 February 12th, 2012
- USB branch merged with trunk February 28th, 2012