Welcome to the Testing Central! Here we can coordinate our efforts, this is useful in case you don't have access to or aren't in IRC. To fill the tables just follow the easy understandable guidelines. If you don't understand them please ask in the IRC channel #reactos-testers. Thanks!
Here any developer can ask testers for a test: i.e. a testbox, an application, or a patch. The request can be fulfilled just by a developer. Testers can fill in the result report. While you are about to test a revision, change the tester field and set the LRT to T+number(i.e. T40020) so other testers know you are testing this revision. After testing and knowing the result change the T to R (i.e. R40020) and update the result field.
- DEV: Name of the developer who asked for a test.
- Request: A short description ( i.e. Test for FF mouse bug).
- Application/TestBox: A link to the application (if needed), please use Wiki syntax.
- Way of Testing: A link to a Bugzilla report where the testing steps are described or a short overview of how to test. Please try to keep it short.
- Tester: The name of the tester who did the testing.
- LRT (Last Revision Tested): Add a letter before the number, T means currently testing, R means tested
- RES: Results of the test: failed or no failure.
|Dev||Request||App/TestBox||Way of Testing||Tester||LRT||Res:|
|Devname||Short Description||Download it:HERE||Open the menu and check if font spacing still wrong, etc.||TestrNam||r40xxx||FAIL|
Here any developer or tester who finds a regression can add a line, so that testers can easily keep track of running regression tests and to allow the coordination of the efforts. If you discovered the regression then add your name, the regression description and in which Virtual Machines did you test it. Also add a revision where the bug was not present and the failing one (if you have that information). If you are regression testing, then add (don't delete others testing efforts) the testing revision that you are going to test in the testing field (add your 4 first nick letters). If there are more testers regtesting you will see the revisions they are going to test. It will help you to choose the most interesting revision. We recommend the binary search. When you finished testing a revision, update the Working/Failing and the VMW/QEM/VBX columns. Also delete your testing revision number from the testing.
- Name: The name of the developer or tester who found the regression.
- Regression: Description of the regression, or a link to a Bugzilla report.
- VMWA : "Yes" if the regression happens in VMware, "NO" if doesn't. "NTD" if Not Tested.
- QEMU : "Yes" if the regression happens in QEMU, "NO" if doesn't. "NTD" if Not Tested.
- VBOX : "Yes" if the regression happens in VirtualBox, "NO" if doesn't. "NTD" if Not Tested.
- RHDW : "Yes" if the regression happens in Real Hardware, "NO" if doesn't. "NTD" if Not Tested.
- WRKs: Number of the revision where the bug isn't present.
- Fails: Number of the revision where the bug is failing.
- Testing: Before going to test (before downloading the revision indeed) add your number and your three letters here (i.e. 40100VIC).
|Ey3||Acrobat Reader 6||NTD||NTD||NTD||YES||r39653||r39654||Still present in r43812. Guilty commit: r39654 - "Fixes #4114"|
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Testing APPS is being currently moved to the greatest, impresive, astonishing and new Compatibility Database. So it will keep the Database updated and at the same time we can track easily GoldenApps and CandidateApps.The current tables will be adapted to link to those Apps in Compatibility Database.If you want to search GoldenApps and CandidateApps just write GoldenApps in the SearchBox. As this tracks just revisions and not releases, select in the Options just to show Revisions. More info soon...
This sectidon is divided in 2 tables.
- GoldenAPPS: The "GoldenApps Table" tracks the most important working apps which nowadays are working correctly on ReactOS.
- CandidateAPPs: The "CandidateAPPs Table" tracks non working apps which must be tracked because of their importance. They will be moved to "GoldenApps" when they start working on ReactOS.
If you see an application, which hasn't been tested with a virtual machine that you have installed, then please test it.Then fill the Virtual Machine column,and if you find any Bugs,add them in the debug description(i.e. QEM+VMW: It fails when copying.). If the three virtual machines have the same issue change the QEM+VMW+VBX to ALL.
- Name: If you are the first testing an application, put your name here. It will be used to contact you if needed.
- App : Name of the application and the link to download it (required).
- Rev: Latest revision where the App was working.
- VMWA: Please add a "Yes" if YOU TESTED it in VMware and it works, "NO" if it isn't working,"NTD" if not tested.
- QEMU: Please add a "Yes" if YOU TESTED it in Qemu and it works,"NO" if it isn't working "NTD" if not tested.
- VBOX: Please add a "Yes" if YOU TESTED it in Virtual Box and it works,"NO" if it isn't working "NTD" if not tested.
- BUG INSTALLING: - Bug during the installation. Format: "Virtual machine or ALL:Description.Bugreport" Please file a bugreport each time you find a bug. Thanks.
- BUG WORKING: - Bug when working with the application. Same Format as for "Bug installing".
During this Week the Testing Revision will be: 44317
|Name||App||Rev||VMWA||QEMU||VBOX||BUG INSTALLING||BUG WORKING|
|Vic/Bit||Firefox 18.104.22.168||44317||YES||NTD||YES||-All:Uninstalling seems to not work.||-VMWA:None|
|Vic/Bit||Firefox 3.0.11||44317||YES||NTD||YES||-All: None||-VMWA: Crashs sometimes and shows that it cant connect to the website sometimes (in virtualbox)- basisbit|
|Vic/Bit||K-Meleon 1.5.2||44317||YES||NTD||YES||-VMWA:None||-ALL:#4779 shows some menus but crashs after that|
|Ey3/Bit||Adobe Reader 7.1||44317||YES||NTD||YES||-HW: just a bit drawing bugs, almost perfect.||-HW: It shows the PDF just if you're on fullscreen mode.|
|Vic/Bit||Foxit Reader 2.1||44317||YES||NTD||YES||-VMWA: #4113still present. ·VBox:None #4113 - mfc42.dll missing-error||-VMWA: #3503still present. ·VBox:None #3503|
|Vic/Elh/Bit||Adobe Flash Player 10||44317||YES||NTD||YES||-VBox: None||-VMWA: difficult to test because firefox crashs to often, and kmeleon too - basisbit|
|BasisBit||Thunderbird 22.214.171.124||44317||YES||NTD||YES||-VMWA:None||-ALL: AWESOME! works perfectly. tested with an gmail-account - wasn't able to find a bug - even sending with attachments worked!.|
|Vic/Bit||FAR Manager 1.7||44317||YES||NTD||YES||-VMWA:None||-VMWA:None|
|Vic/Bit||7-Zip 4.65||44317||YES||NTD||Yes||-VMWA:None||-All: #3710still present.|
|Vic/Bit||IrfanView 4.23||44317||YES||NTD||YES||-VMWA:None VBox: works after adding mfc42.dll||-VMWA:None|
|Vic/Ey3||Notepad Lite 3.3.1||42310||NO||NTD||NTD||-VMWA/HW:None||-VMWA/HW:Regression.0.3.9:it doesn't launch. #4461|
|Vic/Bit||SeaMonkey 1.1.17||44317||YES||NTD||YES||-VMWA:None||-ALL:You have to launch it from the Manager Profile as always.|
|Ey3/Bit||VLC Media Player 0.8.0||44317||YES||NTD||YES||-VMWA:None||-VMWA:None|
|Ey3/Bit||VLC Media Player 0.8.6i||44317||YES||NTD||YES||-HW: Does not create shortcut on Desktop||-HW: Some problems on menu bar, but it can play big videos very smoothly, move window while playing, use timeline to skip parts quickly and with great stability! VMWA: sound didn't work for me-basisbit|
|Name||App||Rev||VMWA||QEMU||VBOX||ViPC||RHDW||BUG INSTALLING||BUG WORKING|
|Vic,Jedi,(Bit)||Opera 9.64||44317||NTD||NTD||YES||YES||NTD||VMWA/VBOX:None||VMWA/VBOX/ViPC7:None - @Jedi and Vic: doesn't it crash for you if you type something in Opera?- basisbit
It hangs - Jedi
|Vic/Bit/Ey3||Chrome 2.0.174||44317||NO||NTD||NO||NTD||NTD||VMWA: Doesn't get installed. #4117 VBOX: Install fails. Error 103. #4713 HW: It keeps saying "Initialising" in a loop.|
|Ey3/Bit||Word Viewer 2003||44317||NO||NTD||NO||NTD||NO||All: none||VMWA: It doesn't launch. #4587|
|Ey3/Bit||Excel Viewer 2003||44317||NO||NTD||NO||NTD||NO||HW: None||HW: It doesn't launch. Then it tries to run in safe mode, but fails again.#4466|
|Ey3||Powerpoint Viewer 2003||42470||YES||NTD||YES||NTD||YES||VBOX/VMWA/HW: None||VBOX/VMWA/HW: None - not online at microsoft.com any more...|
|Ey3/Bit||OpenOffice 3.1.1||44317||NO||NTD||NO||NTD||NO||HW: Installation fails because MSVCR90.dll was not found.||See also #4084|
|Vic/Bit, Jedi-to-be||Total Commander 7.04a||42470
|Vic/Bit||Net Framework 3.0||42470||NO||NTD||NO||NTD||NO||VMWA: Error:"Insuficient privileges." #4470|
|Vicmarcal, Jedi-to-be||Java 6.13||41233
|NO||NTD||NTD||NO||NTD||VMWA,ViPC7:None||VMWA,ViPC7: Error the memory could not be read #4176|
|Ey3||Microsoft Office 2003||43812||NO||NTD||NO||NTD||NO||HW: It does no longer freeze. It stops telling "Installation interrupted because of an error"|
- Main article: File Bugs
Make sure the bug happens only in ReactOS and is not a bug that also happens in Windows. If it happens in both then you should consult with the applications support or Dev team. You should, if possible, try different versions of Windows, making sure to use versions the application is meant to work with.
If the bug happens on some versions of Windows and in ReactOS, it is probably not ReactOS.
- Note all details of your testing on different versions of windows when filing your bug report
- Try a recent nightly build
- With your nightly build gather a debug log from ReactOS
- Make your bug report.
- Attach your debug log detailed notes from Windows tests
- Record full versions of all software involved (usually something like "2.34.4567.562 rev 19382 RC2 ..."): VMware, ReactOS SVN number, failing application.
- Take screen shots if applicable of how the app failed, how it worked or failed differently in Windows than ReactOS and attach them.
- If it is a commercial application that is closed source and cost money then you may be the one that has to do all Debugging for ReactOS and possibly the one whom submits the patches.
- Give a appropriately formated copy of the bug report to the applications support or Dev team that made the app.
What makes an application important
The applications being tracked are not being tracked because of only their popularity or because someone likes the application a lot, there are more important reasons.
- The application makes use of some critical part of the operating system, and it may be able to show progression or regression that will affect many other applications.
- The application meets common needs that are needed on most systems.
- The application is needed for development of the operating system.
Because tracking too many applications at this level of detail is difficult you should not just add another application to the list. New additions to this list should be discussed with Fireball, Caemyr, vicmarcal on IRC or their talk page. But before that you should ask yourself these questions:
- Will this application test many different parts of the operating system?
- Does this application do something that will help with testing or development by tracking its usage?
- Is there a tracked application that already does this?
- Is there a good reason for wanting this particular application to be tracked?
If you can answer yes to two of the first three and the fourth then you might consider asking in IRC about adding it.
Tracking other applications
You can track the app yourself but note that it will be your responsibility to test your applications and report any bugs. You must also make sure the bugs are not reproducible on the current version/versions of Windows, in case the bug is in the application and not in the operating system. If you are still interested your best option is to track the bug on your user page. You can copy the above apps table and edit it for this.