here are some suggestions concerning the roadmap 'both' means website and wiki 'wiki' means the corresponding wiki page
- only target set targets for the next minor version (0.x) and maybe the start of beta (current target 0.5) and gold (current target 1.0) (don't touch the 2 months cycle for 0.x.y versions)
- both: don't list versions like 0.8 or 0.9 because there are no targets set till today there are no information provided
- both: remove year information for future releases, for 0.x.y you can provide them but 0.x don't really make sense, because the progress that is made varies a lot
- wiki: use the wiki and change the old raodmap information for the next versions with a list with the new targets
- wiki: provide minor targets to set some small steps (maybe single API names or some API collections) to mark as done or not done, so people can see where is some progress, like ReactOS "ntoskrnl" kernel: 50% compatible with WinNT 5.x & 6 minor targets could be cc, mm, ke or something like this , these minor steps could also change in time to reflect changes in development, but the main target maybe shouldn't be touched
- maybe talk with devs to set new targets that are realistic (for 0.4, maybe 0.5(because of beta phase beginning) and 1.0(because targets for gold))
--DangerGround 17:40, 19 March 2008 (CET)
Nice Roadmap :). I would like to have a nice Office Suite almost/full working in 0.4. Choose: OpenOffice,Microsoft Office...ANY version. Imo ReactOS needs a working Office Suite to make it usable. VICMARCAL.
What about the releases date? I´m seeing they are One month each. Are they wrong?or is a speeding up expected? :)
Your roadmap goes up in one month increments, not 3 month incremenets as the release cycle actually is -The123king
And making 3 month out of each one month period might shift the timeline into kinda realistic dimensions --ThePhysicist 00:10, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
Dates for 0.3.11 onwards need to be adjusted to correlate with statement made on web home page. -- Lone Rifle 08:25, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
0.3.11 Symbolic release - Web Release
Like Windows 3.11 for WorkGroups So Opera must be one of the targets.