Supported Hardware/Video cards
Please update this page with the status of each Video card that is tested. Please add a link to the site where the driver was obtained, driver version and OS version. AS YOU CAN SEE, ITS LISTED ALPHABETICALLY, SO PLEASE COMPLY TO THIS ORDER.
- VBE driver (vbemp.sys)
- Supports only graphic cards supporting VESA BIOS version v2.0 and higher.
- Supports all available resolutions (640x480 and higher)
- Supports all available color resolutions (8, 16, 24, 32 bits)
- VGA driver (vgamp.sys)
- Supports a standard resolution of 640x480x4 (4 bit = 16 colors)
- Its presence is necessary at all times, for emergency debug fallback.
- Native driver
- This is Video Adapter's own Windows driver.
|Not tested||No test has been performed.|
|Works||Works without any major problems|
|Inaccurate||Outdated / insufficient debugging data|
|Failed||Fails to work or crashes ROS|
Tested Video cards
|3DFX Voodoo3 16MB||Works||Works||Failed||41438||With VESA driver, supports up to 24bit color depth. Native driver doesnt work see bug no.4354||Haos|
|ATI 3D Rage II+||Not tested||Works||Works||41228||Mouse cursor is not being drawn in VGA mode.||Haos|
|ATI Mobitity Radeon 7500||Not tested||Works||Works||Trunk||Used ATI Driver from lenovo on a T30, stuck into .iso, installs and shows in device manager, no problems that I saw, worked fine. wasn't able to test any opengl apps though. You can't install drivers from the installer as it doesn't work.||Techsalvager||
|ATI Mobitity Radeon HD 2400||Not tested||Works||Not tested||0.3.10 live||Kario|
|ATI Radeon 9250 PCI||Works||Works||Not tested||42978||Techsalvager|
|ATI Radeon HD 2100 onboard||Works||Works||Not tested||42978||Techsalvager||
|ATI Radeon HD 3100 Graphics||Works||Works||Failed||40825||Driver installation fails (ATI Catalyst™ 9.5 IGP).||Unknown||link
|ATI Radeon X300 PCIe||Not tested||Works||Not tested||42978||Techsalvager||
|ATI Rage Pro 128 Ultra 32mb||Works||Works||Not tested||41289||InstallShield error prevents native driver test bug no.3740||Unknown|
|Intel Extreme Graphics (integrated Intel 845GE chipset)||Works||Works||Not tested||Missing||Unknown|
|Matrox MGA-100 AGP 2MB||Works||Works||Works||41438||Minor issues, see bug no.4563||Haos|
|Matrox Millenium G400 AGP 32MB||Works||Works||Works||Missing||Minor issues, see bug no.4563, opengl ICD doesnt work.||Unknown|
|NVIDIA TNT RIVA 16MB||Works||Works||Failed||used drivers 44.x going to test with 71.89 that Haos used on the TNT2||Techsalvager|
|NVIDIA TNT2 Model 64 32MB||Works||Works||Works||41438||OpenGL ICD doesnt work.||Haos||Driver|
|NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX440 AGP 8x||Not tested||Not tested||Not tested||Missing||Techsalvager|
|NVIDIA GeForce 4 Ti 4200 128MB AGP||Works||Works||Failed||Missing||Drivers do not install||LinoSP||XP/2k|
|NVIDIA GeForce 5200 128MB AGP||Works||Failed||Failed||Missing||Out of frequency monitor message when loading third stage (Black Screen).||Unknown|
|NVIDIA GeForce 5900 PCIe||Failed||Failed||Not tested||Missing||No debug output due to system used on had no serial port, will test on another system later.||Techsalvager|
|NVIDIA GeForce 8200 256MB||Failed||Failed||Not tested||Missing||...||LinoSP||XP-32bit|
|VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP 64MB (KM400)||Works||Works||Failed||40825||Driver installation fails (KM400/KM266 PRO/P4M800 Chipset VGA Driver).||Unknown||XP/2K|
|S3 Trio64+||Works||Failed||Works||Missing||Doesnt support VESA 2.0. For VGA, please see point 3 of "Known Issues". With native XP drivers, see bug no.4354||Haos|
|S3 VIRGE 86c325||Works||Failed||Not tested||Missing||Doesnt support VESA 2.0. For VGA, please see point 3 of "Known Issues".||Unknown|
|VM QEMU Cirrus CL-54xx||Works||Works||Works||Missing||Requires ReactOS VESA driver being present at all times, see bug no.2286||Unknown|
|VM VirtualBox Video||Works||Works||Works||Missing||Own driver starts up in 640x480x8, but supports all modes up to 1024x768x32. Necessary for Vbox OpenGL 3d host acceleration passthrough||Unknown|
|VM VMWARE Video||Works||Works||Works||Missing||Is known to lock up 2nd stage while being installed, sometimes, see bug no.2666||Unknown|
1. VESA Driver accepts only VESA 2.0 compatible adapters.
2. Some INF files have both Windows 2000 and XP sections, with separate drivers for both. When trying to install Win2k driver version, Reactos is being detected as XP, thus XP driver is attempted to be installed, even though its driver file may be missing in Win2k driver directory. As Reactos doesnt fail when copying nonexistant file, successful installation is reported, alas driver file is not copied to system32\driver directory. This will cause "Successful install, please restart" window to appear at every boot.
3. VGA driver, if chosen is known to fallback to VESA at 3rd stage. See bug 4192