Supported Hardware/Sound cards
VMware's Soundblaster 16 is reported to be working
- Get SNDBLST.SYS and SNDBLST.DLL from members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?action=download&driverid=68193
- Mount your Virtual HDD with the VMware DiskMount Utility. (vmware-mount.exe X: NAME.vmdk) NEVER copy the Files in VM!!!
- Copy SNDBLST.SYS to ReactOS\System32\Drivers\SNDBLST.SYS
- Copy SNDBLST.DLL to ReactOS\System32\MMDRV.DLL
- Unmount your Virtual HDD with the VMware DiskMount Utility. (vmware-mount.exe X: /d)
- Set sound.virtualDev = "sb16" in your virtual machine's .vmx file
- ReactOS has working reg entries already.
- Drivers from NT4 SP4 and SP6 are rumored to be working... (Update: Fixed to work again in SVN 09/Jan/2005 - Filip)