Difference between revisions of "ReactOS Hackfest 2017/Lists"
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
| Colin Finck
| Colin Finck
| to Friday, plus FrOSCon on Saturday and Sunday
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
| Giannis Adamopoulos
| Giannis Adamopoulos
| to Friday
Revision as of 19:10, 8 July 2017
ReactOS Hackfest will take place from 14th-18th August. FrOSCon from 19th-20th August. Use Skyscanner to find your cheapest flights!
Please register for the event by putting your name and details into this list. You will then receive the exact address shortly before the event.
|Name||Days||Stays overnight in the loft|
|Colin Finck||Sunday to Friday, plus FrOSCon on Saturday and Sunday||Yes|
|Eric Kohl||Monday to Friday||Yes|
|Giannis Adamopoulos||Sunday to Friday, plus FrOSCon on Saturday and Sunday||Yes|
|Mark Jansen||Monday to Friday, plus FrOSCon on Saturday and Sunday||Yes|
|Thomas Faber + girlfriend||Monday to Thursday||Yes|
|Alexander Rechitskiy + gf||Monday to Friday, plus FrOSCon on Saturday||Yes, but not sure|
|Victor Martinez||Monday to Friday, plus FrOSCon on Saturday||Yes|
If you want to give a talk or presentation during the Hackfest, please add it to this list:
- I will present how to make use of the server for remotely testing real GPUs (and other real hardware) while having the same debugging benefits of a VM - Colin Finck (talk) 17:16, 29 June 2017 (UTC)
Add everything you want to have discussed/worked on during the Hackfest to this list. Finish your comment with ~~~~ to add your signature.
- Let's work on definite concepts to have a SVN -> Git move by October. We can try things out at the Hackfest, show problems and workflows to other people, and get everyone on the Git train who isn't convinced yet - Colin Finck (talk) 12:13, 29 June 2017 (UTC)
- I would like to discuss the ugly structure of the sdk directory and how to clean it up, with respect to the different types (public/private/internal) of headers and libraries. Ekohl (talk) 19:07, 29 June 2017 (UTC)
- Try to look at some compiler bugs, e.g. delay-loading (CORE-6504), support for linking multiple .res files. Perhaps try a newer GCC version (they tend to regress wrt. PCH and compress-debug-sections. Building ROS with -fcompare-debug, CORE-8378 has shown compiler bugs in the past). Try to investigate why building ROS on ROS fails. ThFabba (talk) 11:44, 2 July 2017 (UTC)
- Let's test Vadim's new USB stack on all the hardware and virtualization platforms we have. Try to see what's blocking boot from USB. ThFabba (talk) 11:54, 2 July 2017 (UTC)
- Maybe do some work around testbot? Look at crashes, tests that take a long time, try to make AHK tests reliable. ThFabba (talk) 11:54, 2 July 2017 (UTC)
- Look at CE aspects: Develop a reliable list of steps to get Word 2010 running. Figure out what's breaking Chrome's sandbox. Make sure Java has a reliable and sufficient AHK test. ThFabba (talk) 11:54, 2 July 2017 (UTC)
- Call for HW USB debuglogs through our social channels and sort them to fix those showing the same issues. vicmarcal (talk) 08:54, 4 July 2017 (UTC)
- Ask for USB pieces of RH through social channels(donations). vicmarcal (talk) 08:54, 4 July 2017 (UTC)
- Finish the RAPPS platform, addapt to the new needs of the new Rapps. vicmarcal (talk) 08:54, 4 July 2017 (UTC)
If you bring any specific hardware or need some for your work, which you cannot bring yourself, just add it to this list. We can centrally organize this then. Finish your comment with ~~~~ to add your signature.
- Will bring 24-Port Managed Gigabit Switch and an additional WLAN-Router - Colin Finck (talk) 11:25, 29 June 2017 (UTC)
- Will bring one ReactOS Testing Laptop as well as a serial null-modem cable, probably won't use it myself during the event - Colin Finck (talk) 11:25, 29 June 2017 (UTC)
- Will bring a Full-HD Webcam and laptop for proper live streaming this time - Colin Finck (talk) 11:25, 29 June 2017 (UTC)
- Will bring one testing laptop (Dell Latitude d520) and one dev laptop Mark Jansen (talk)
- Will bring one mini router (with wifi) Mark Jansen (talk)
- Will bring Dell Latitude D531, ReactOS SBC & a dev laptop ThFabba (talk)
- Will bring 19" and/or 24" monitor; VGA-to-HDMI converter ThFabba (talk)
- Will bring a variety of USB devices (storage, HID, network, audio, hubs), miscellaneous other cables and plugs (ask me if you'd like something specific, there's a good chance I have it). ThFabba (talk)