Difference between revisions of "ReactOS Hackfest 2017"
(Added Hackfest 2017 page)
Revision as of 11:14, 29 June 2017
The ReactOS Hackfest goes into the second round! Join us from Monday, 14th August to Saturday, 19th August 2017, in the German city of Cologne. A nice loft close to the city center offers a great space for coworking and socializing. Let's enjoy the heart of one of Germany's largest cities, code the week away, and achieve great results as a team.
It is now time to plan your trip! Flights and train tickets won't get cheaper.
- Date: Monday, 14th August to Saturday, 19th August 2017
Depending on demand, we may rent the loft for the weekend before as well. This is going to be announced.
We will definitely leave early on Saturday, 19th to the FrOSCon exhibition in Bonn.
- Location: As we have a shared place for working and accommodation this time, you have to add yourself here.
The exact address will be made available to people on the list then.
- YOU decide what we focus on during these days. Add your ideas to the Wiki page!
What you should bring
- Your development laptop and additional ReactOS testing laptops if required. If you bring a desktop computer or need another computer/laptop, please put that on the list.
- An Ethernet cable if you need wired Internet access.
Travelling to Aachen
Check the following airports in this order:
- Köln/Bonn (CGN) is the closest airport and comes with a train station Köln/Bonn Flughafen. The transfer time by train from the airport to the Hackfest is about 30 minutes.
- Düsseldorf (DUS) is another large international airport and comes with two train stations Düsseldorf Flughafen and Düsseldorf Flughafen Terminal. Either way, the transfer time by train from the airport to the Hackfest is about 1 hour.
The event is equally close to the train stations Köln West, Friesenplatz and Moltkestr.. Check for connections to these. The closest central train stations are Köln Ehrenfeld and Köln Hbf.
Parking close to the event and in most spots in Cologne is subject to high fees, so I highly recommend going by train. If the fees are no problem for you, you will find plenty of spots on the street and in a nearby parking garage.
We have booked a loft this time, which serves both as a working and accommodation space. As such, I need to know how many of you will join and how many plan to stay overnight in the loft. Please add yourself to the list here.
Alternatively, you are free to book your own accommodation. In that case, please contact me in advance, so I can give you the exact address and you can find a place to stay close to it.
Under special circumstances, ReactOS Deutschland e.V. may cover part of your travel expenses. Please contact me, if you have contributed to the project and need financial support for your participation. Participation mustn't be a matter of your financial situation.
Any open questions?
Just drop me a line at email@example.com