I think ReactOS should have own game. A simple 2d game, maybe something like Xbill could be cool. The game project should be different project and it should not take time from main developers of ReactOS. When the game is ready it could (or could not) be included in ReactOS. But the more interesting thing here is that everyone can run the game in Windows too and if they have never hear about ReactOS, after they have played the game they could be interested in the ReactOS -project. So the motivation of the game project is to promote ReactOS. The game should give positive impression of ReactOS, so it should not be too agressive against MS.
The main reason for this game project is to promote ReactOS. All big companys have games that promote their products, why should ReactOS make difference. Even US army have they own game (dont remember the name). EU have game called food-force and so on.
Guidelines for the game project
- Addictive story (you would want to play it forever)
- Fast project, not too complex game (6 to 12 months?)
- Positive promotion for ReactOS included in the game (not too agressive against MS)
- Works in both Windows and ReactOS (this should be easy)
- Should not take time from ReactOS developers (people who have not kernel skills could contribute)
Story of the game
- <story and category of the game> (give your ideas)
- <name of the game> (give your ideas)
Links to other game projects for reference
crappish ((overseeing) initial game design process)
<add your name or alias and skills here>