- 1 ReactOS Foundation
- 2 About
- 3 Organization of Russian ReactOS Foundation
- 4 ReactOS.org
- 5 FAQ
The Foundation for the Advancement of Information Technologies: ReactOS Foundation is a non-profit organization that provides support and promotion for the ReactOS Project. The Foundation manages the various resources and places them at the disposal of the project developers and handles logistical matters involving funding, presentations at conventions, and recruitment of new developers and other positions within the ReactOS Project.
The primary objective of the ReactOS Project is to create an operating system that is binary compatible with applications and drivers developed for the Windows NT series of operating systems. To help further this goal, the ReactOS Foundation exists as an administrative and logistical entity, offering support for the project developers as well as engaging the ReactOS community and providing an avenue for communication and transparency.
The Foundation as a whole exists in two tiers, with the administrative body based in Russia and regional branches that handle donations in their respective regions. This structure exists because of the differences in how laws deal with transfering money to Russia from Europe and the Americas. All branches and the administrative body are registered as non-profits in their respective regions.
The ReactOS Foundation was established on June 5, 2002 and is based in Moscow, Russia. It is registered as a non-profit organization under Russian Federation law. The Foundation operates under the guidelines of the ReactOS Foundation Bylaws and serves as the primary support body for the Project, assisting in the development of ReactOS and various subprojects within its purview. Additionally, management of trademarks, funding, and other legal matters are handled by the Foundation.
Organization of Russian ReactOS Foundation
- Maxim Osowski, CEO
- Aleksey Bragin, President
Board of Directors
- Vladimir Bragin
- Saveliy Tretiakov
- Alexey Ivanov
Website, RosCMS and the subsystems, content, translation management, server adminstration
- Aleksey Bragin: ReactOS Coordinator , Website server and SVN server maintainer (hardware and software)
- Klemens Friedl: ReactOS Website, RosCMS, Support Database, website design (won the voting), web contents, initiator of the new website, Website Coordination...
- Michael Wirth: responsible for the phpbb, login system integration for the phpbb system
- Andrew Scott: created a first xhtml 1.0 version based on Friedl's web design (html 4.01); css fixes
- Christoph von Wittich: helped with the xhtml 1.0 to xhtml 1.1 convert process.
- Maarten Bosma: css fixes, wiki website content list, ideas, ...
- Matthias Kupfer: (x)html & css fixes, ideas & suggestions
If you want to be listed here, please visit #reactos-web IRC channel and ask a dev.
The www.reactos.org website is running on a Pentium 4 (3200/800/2M EM64T - SR1425) server with 2 GB of RAM connected with 100 Mbit/s to the internet.
Please donate money so that we can afford the server hosting and hardware.
The Website server uses the following software components:
- Fedora Core Linux distribution as the OS
- Apache web server
- MySQL database
- PHP scripting
- phpBB forum
- MediaWiki wiki
- RosCMS website content management system *
- RSDB support database *
- Mailman mailing list
- Doxygen source code cross-referencing tool
- Serendipity blog software
- Tango iconset used occasionally on the main website and RSDB
- JIRA issue tracker
* projects which are actively maintained by the ReactOS project
Why not let my employer host your site for free?
Thanks for the offer, but no, thanks. Things may change within your organization and then we'd be either politely asked to start paying X amount or go elsewhere. With our current setup, we have direct access to the machine, bandwidth is not a problem, although the hardware does need improvement (if you wish to donate hardware for this cause, contact one of the ReactOS coordinators).
I can not login. It says that I am already logged in.
This problem is being worked on. However, as a workaround to login again, you can use the "Did you forget your Password?" link and change your password; your old sesion will be deleted and you can login again using the new password. After that, remember to change the "multisession" option in your profile, which will allow you to login multiple times.
Russian Registration License for ReactOS Foundation dead link! --