RC File Standards
Para manter algum tipo de padrão em arquivos de recursos e apoiar o aparência Windows 2000, é preciso seguir algumas regras:
1. sempre usar um modelo DIALOGEX em vez de um modeloDIALOG .
2. Defina a bandeira DS_SHELLFONT no seu dialogo STYLEs em vez de DS_FIXEDSYS e/ou DS_SETFONT.
- It would be visually jarring for there to be a mix of fonts on a property sheet. You wouldn't want the "Advanced" button to be in MS Sans Serif but the "Apply" button in Tahoma. To avoid this problem, the property sheet manager looks at all the pages in the property sheet. If they are all using the "Windows 2000" look, then the property sheet uses the "Windows 2000" look also. But if there is even a single page that does not use the "Windows 2000" look, then the property sheet reverts to the "classic" look and also converts all the "Windows 2000"-look pages to "classic" look.
3. Set the dialog font to "MS Shell Dlg".
4. Use the dialog font "MS UI Gothic" for Japanese.
- On Windows 9x, both of the logical fonts map to code page-based bitmap fonts. MS Shell Dlg generally maps to a code page-specific version of MS Sans Serif. MS Shell Dlg 2 maps to a code page-specific bitmap Tahoma font. On Windows NT 4.0+ both of the logical fonts map to Unicode-based TrueType fonts. MS Shell Dlg uses Microsoft Sans Serif for Latin, Greek, Cyrillic, Arabic, Hebrew, and Thai characters; MS UI Gothic for Japanese; Gulim for Korean; Simsun for Simplified Chinese; PMinglu for Traditional Chinese; etc. On Windows 2000 and later: MS Shell Dlg 2 maps to Tahoma, which is the default font used throughout the operating system. An application that runs only on this operating system can specify DS_SHELLFONT with MS Shell Dlg 2 to map to Tahoma. However, an application that also runs on Windows NT 4.0, Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Me should specify DS_SHELLFONT with MS Shell Dlg instead of MS Shell Dlg 2. Characters that are not implemented in Tahoma are available through font linking. The main advantage of Tahoma over Microsoft Sans Serif is that Tahoma has a native bold font face. Its main disadvantage is that older operating systems might not have it installed, and might substitute a less attractive font.
5. Use font size 8 for Latin, Greek, Cyrillic, Arabic, Hebrew, and Thai.
6. Use font size 9 for Japanese.
7. Don't use DS_3DLOOK It is outdated and not of any use.