This is the changelog for ReactOS™ version 0.3.13 (released 22 March 2011), an open-source operating system designed to be binary executable - and device driver-compatible with Microsoft™ Windows NT™ and subsequent Microsoft operating systems such as Windows 2000™ and Windows XP™. ReactOS is written by the ReactOS development team, and the last previous version of ReactOS was version 0.3.12 (released 20 October 2010).
- 1 General
- 2 Core Functionality
- 2.1 Audio/Video Stack
- 2.2 Filesystems
- 2.3 Hardware Management
- 2.4 Kernel
- 2.5 Memory Management
- 2.6 Network Stack
- 2.7 Startup/Shutdown
- 2.8 Storage Stack
- 3 Drivers
- 4 Libraries
- 5 Client/Server Runtime
- 5.1 CSRSS
- 5.2 Kernel-mode subsystem server (Win32K)
- 5.3 BASE
- 5.4 DLL
- 5.4.1 CPL
- 5.4.2 DIRECTX
- 5.4.3 WIN32
- 5.5 DRIVERS
- 5.6 NTOSKRNL
- 5.7 SUBSYSTEMS
- 5.8 TOOLS
- 5.9 Uncategorized
- Giannis Adamopoulos
- Johannes Anderwald
- Aleksey Bragin
- Dmitry Chapyshev
- Benedikt Freisen
- Jerome Gardou
- Cameron Gutman
- Kamil Hornicek
- Amine Khaldi
- Eric Kohl
- Timo Kreuzer
- Matthias Kupfer
- Michael Martin
- Ged Murphy
- Sylvain Petreolle
- ReactOS Portable Systems Group
- Daniel Reimer
- Gregor Schneider
- Pierre Schweitzer
- James Tabor
- Christoph von Wittich
- Art Yerkes
- Damir Aliev
- Oleg Baikalow
- Carlo Bramini
- Vincenzo Cotugno
- Rafal Harabien
- Katayama Hirofumi
- Adam Kachwalla
- Radek Liška
- Roel Messiant
- Love Nystrom
- Igor Paliychuk
- Samuel Serapion
- Víctor Martínez
- Colin Finck: Release Enginner, Build Tools Maintainer
- Danny Gotte: Web Developer.
- Ziliang Guo: Release Engineer, Web Content Maintainer.
Generic 0.3.13 changes
- A wide range of updates were made to the various development kits in ReactOS to support the new drivers and APIs that have been implemented and added.
- Conversion of empty argument lists in C functions to (void) is currently underway.
- Calc: Initialize next field for security hardening.
- CharMap: Text copy field is now a richedit control.
- DosKey: Conversion from TCHAR to WCHAR underway, MSVC complication fixes.
- Findstr: Ported from FreeDOS project.
- FTP: Major effort to clean up function prototypes and definitions.
- Notepad: Harden against possible buffer overflow bugs.
- Nslookup: String operations have been modified to ensure null terminator is never lost.
- Paint: Generalize changes related to mirroring rectangular selections to free form selections, solve problem regarding selection contents update.
- Ping: Localization support added.
- Rapps: Various broken links, descriptions, and localization updated.
- Regedit: "Load Hive..." and "Unload Hive..." menu items implemented, support added for import/export of v5 registry files, "go" button added to address bar, various bugs and resource leakages fixed, conversion to Unicode encoding.
- Solitaire: Resource cleanup and compilation fixes.
- Taskmgr: Support added for DELETE key to processes and applications list
- Winmine: Synced and forked from Wine 1.3.5 winemine.
- Xcopy: MSVC fixes.
Control Panel Applets
- Correctly calculate the size several buffers used during the installer to avoid overreads and the like for strings.
Service startup and shutdown code is now synchronized using critical sections. The end result is that all services are now started one by one instead of in parallel. Additional checks have been added to ensure services do not try to use invalid resources. Attempting to start a service multiple times is also now prevented.
- EventLog: Renaming of variables to better match their usage patterns.
- LsaSrv: Service initialization has been stubbed and function calling conventions have been changed to stdcall.
- UmPnpMgr: Remote Procedure Call endpoints now use XP/Vista compatible pipe names.
Third party libraries
- DejaVu Fonts Documentation updated to 2.31
- RedHat Liberation Fonts updated to 1.06
- Tahoma Fonts undated to Wine HEAD
- bzip2 updated to 2.06
- I/O completion routines have been added for audio.
- Event handle leaks in audio stack have been resolved.
Pin/Node allocator creation requests are now compatible with Windows XP and the ReactOS KS code is able to create audio pins on XP. Playback however is not yet working.
- Correct error code is now returned for various property access failures.
- Various fixes have been made to setting the property of nodes.
- Device enumeration implemented.
Filter/pin/node handling has been improved, with a new common dispatcher for property requests and fixes for a variety of memory and resource leaks. Buffering of audio has also been improved, along with interrupt handling for completed buffer operations. Sound recording using ReactOS portcls on Windows XP is also working.
- Data stream context implemented. Data stream context hold additional information about data being read off disks and are often used by anti-virus programs to scan file open operations.
- Multiple incorrect buffer usages dealt with in filename handling.
- Duplicate code for opening volumes has been removed.
- Creation of files improved.
- Support for relative path names for pipes added.
- Waiting on a pipe in the root directory has been fixed.
- Read/write IRPs are now correctly failed based on what the caller is.
- Multiple entries can now be returned in a single request and returning values correctly deal with buffers that are too small.
- Interrupt pins are checked to make sure they are not 0 or 255, which fixes an assert with ATI Rage graphics cards.
- A broken loop that resulted in multiple COM ports being registered for the KDCOM driver has been fixed.
- HalStopProfileInterrupt has been implemented.
- Port numbers and ranges have been fixed in HalpDefaultIoSpace.
- Plug n Play notification now gracefully handles interfaces that have not yet been registered yet.
- Support for Advanced RISC Computer format names has been implemented in the kernel. Boot paths were provided by the bootloader to the kernel are in ARC format. Previously the kernel needed to translate them. Now the kernel is able to understand ARC formatted paths and use them natively.
- The kernel is now aware of the existence GUID Partition Tables on harddrives. This is one of the steps to adding EFI support in ReactOS. Not all functionality of GPTs is usable by the kernel yet.
- Support for creating protective Master Boot Record for GPT formatting has been added.
- Pre/post syscall debug hook support has been added.
- Various CPU feature detection fixes and improvements.
- Support for translating between ISA IRQ to system IRQ has been added.
- Alternative workaround for the Pentium lock errata has been added. Instead of relying on the page fault handler, the IDT page is marked as Write-Through if the bug is present.
- When loading drivers at startup, the loader block is made available to the drivers.
- A process is now checked to make sure it is not being terminated to eliminate the possibility of trying to destroy a process' resources twice.
- Resources are now cleaned up after failing to create a thread.
- ARM3 Paged Pool manager is now the default.
- Various 64bit portability fixes and extensions.
- Zero/Free pages are removed from their respective lists first before they are used.
- Initial implementation of colored pages has been added.
- Major fixes how zero pages are organized, listed, and mapped.
- NT Section functions have all been moved into ARM3 and rewritten to provide same paramater validation checks and protection masks as Windows does.
- Work continues to allow ARM3 to handle page faults against its pagefile instead of the old memory manager's pagefile.
- Reserving and releasing system page table entries has been rewritten. Now PTEs are delivered zeroed to their requestors and fragmentation of PTE blocks should be significantly reduced.
- Stage 0 of memory manager initialization is now completely handled by ARM3.
- Regression that resulted in the leaking of PTEs and addresses has been dealt with.
- A variety of edge cases in NtQueryVirtualMemory has been dealt with, including attempts to query illegal addresses or non-existent address spaces.
The initial implementation of a new Common Cache has been integrated into ReactOS. Its functionality and usefulness is still limited, but sets the stage for removal of the old, buggy Cc and in the future will allow greater compatibility with Installable Filesystem Drivers. The current implementation is capable of demand paging, though its data structures remain segregated from the main memory manager due to incompatibilities and the MM's reliance on the old Cc design.
The ReactOS heap manager was originally derived from Wine, which was itself based on the Windows 95 heap manager's design, hence its architecture was more suited to a DOS environment than NT. This release sees the implementation of a rewritten heap manager based on Windows 2003/Vista, which support for considerably more functionality in determining how memory allocations are made. In addition, a second new heap manager was added, one specifically designed to help detect overflows and the like from memory that it allocates. This debug heap manager can turned on or off at an application level and promises to help considerably in detecting mistakes in memory operations.
- Various memory bugs fixed.
Network Driver Interface Specification
- Failure cases now have their locks properly released.
- Work has been done to better match NDIS 5.1 characteristics.
Transport Device Interface
- TDI function exports have been updated based off of Windows Driver Kit 7.
- Checksum calculation of CDs has been fixed.
- The majority of trap and bluescreen code has been converted from assembly to C, with the remaining assembly converted to Intel syntax.
- Debug, analysis, and statistics features in freeloader heap manager have been disabled on the ARM platform due to performance concerns. These features are now only enabled by conditional defines.
- Initial OMAP Zoom2 board support has been added, along with access to various interfaces available on the Zoom2 board.
- Different input options are now accounted for between various ARM boards and assumptions of what methods are available have been refined.
- Bluescreen converted to black on ARM.
- Preliminary work on fixing NTFS driver used by freeloader.
- The Windows XP DDK CD-ROM driver example has been imported into ReactOS.
- Various updates have been made to make the driver more compatible with Windows 2003.
- The Windows XP DDK ClassPnP driver example has been imported into ReactOS.
- Interrupt information is not duplicated for two different interrupts to the same device.
- Partial implementation of two DMA channels.
- Support added for differing number of devices attached to different channels.
- AHCI support code updated but not yet ready for usage.
MME Buddy is a driver helper library for sound support.
- MIDM_OPEN, MIDM_CLOSE, MIDM_START, MIDM_STOP, MODM_OPEN, MODM_CLOSE messages implemented.
- MIXER, MIDI_IN, and MIDI_OUT device type support implemented.
- Opening of mixer devices implemented.
- Wave pause, restart, and resetting implemented.
- Topology enumeration has been rewritten to correctly take into account sum/mux nodes, avoid assigning nodes to multiple mixer lines, and avoid creating cycles of nodes.
- Support routines for node state changes added.
- Support for topologies with no intermediary nodes has been implemented.
- Enumeration and usage of MIDI devices has been implemented.
- Locks are released during error cases.
- Initialization of driver has seen multiple fixes.
- Continued development of PCI bridge support.
- A bug that resulted in only half of the keyboard data being copied has been fixed.
- Resetting of the port no longer resets the device as well.
- Various fixes to initialization and configuration of devices by the EHCI driver.
- Various fixes to how data is transferred between the USB device and the driver.
- The provided waveformat now has its size checked to make sure it is at least the size of a WAVEFORMAT struct.
- Additional information needed for playback are now computed from the provided waveformat.
- I/O completion handle is now backed up before the audio buffer is committed due to the chances if the structure already having been released.
- Registration of event routines for topology node changes has been implemented.
- MIDI devices can now be detected by WDMUAD and listed.
- Various fixes to avoid buffer misuse.
- Various fixes to use of synchronization.
- Buffer calculation fixed for strings.
- Enumeration of registry values now correctly handles cases where the return buffer is too small.
- Managing accounts through the Local Security Authority has been implemented.
- Considerable progress made in passing refcounting Wine tests.
- Palette creation has been implemented.
- Code for creating compatible bitmaps (DDBs) from DIB color data has been rewritten.
- Variety of fixes to bitmap transforms and other operations.
- Section object creation is now correctly flagged.
- SetLastError() implemented in kernel32.
- A variety of unicode to ansi and back conversion functions have been implemented and fixed.
- Various memory corruption issues found by debug heap resolved.
- Preliminary work on unifying Find* functions.
- FlushFileBuffers now also is able to flush the console input buffer if it is passed a console handle.
- GetFullPathName has been modified to be closer to Windows behavior, fixing all GetFullPathName Winetests.
- A new generic printf implementation has been added and enabled. This implementation serves as the basis for all the other ANSI and unicode printf and sprintf functions.
- Reading of static DNS entries fixed.
- Switching between static DNS and DHCP fixed.
- Storing and loading of image execution global flag options has been fixed. Querying image execution options no longer results in the heap being used.
- Processes being debugged now have debug heap flags applied.
- Various additional fixes to image loading.
- Macros are used instead of attempting to carry out pointer calculations repeatedly.
- Thread specific data is now reset on thread detach calls.
- Ability to switch between native and PSEH SEH macros/handlers has been added.
- CRC32 checksum calculation has been fixed.
- RTL heap code now uses new locking mechanism instead of the RTL_CRITICAL_SECTION.
- ROUND_UP/DOWN macros have been fixed.
- NtFreeVirtualMemory now correctly interprets the pointer handed to it as a pointer to the address that needs to be freed, not the actual address itself.
- Additional page code markers have been added for Unicode functions.
- Various MSVC fixes.
- A variety of fixes to memory functions dealing with correctly tracking used and free blocks in the heap along with updates to take better advantage of the new heap manager's functionality.
- Process parameter block is now correctly zeroed out when its memory is allocated using the new memory manager.
- Property and system information retrieval functions have seen fixes and updates. Changes range from returning desired buffer sizes to returning the correct error response in failures.
- Shortcuts and executables are not added to recent files list anymore.
- More code enabled thanks to IOCTL_DISK_GET_LENGTH_INFO being implemented.
- Drawing shortcuts now use a different raster operation than previously.
- A variety of undocumented definitions have been gathered into a single place.
- Attempts to reserve memory ranges now uses the correct flags for the new memory manager.
Kernel-mode subsystem server (Win32K)
Work continues to fill in missing drawing functionality in Win32k and fix existing implementations. These range from tweaking calculations used in drawing bitmaps to implementing entirely new data structures that were previously missing in ReactOS. The integration of the yarotows branch especially has brought about several new APIs and data structures associated with display drivers. Additions include the physical and logical device objects and their associated APIs and a new locking mechanism for devices. With yarotows now merged in, ReactOS is capable of supporting dynamic mode changes without the need to reboot.
- UserSetCursorPos now passes all Winetests.
- Support functions for setting and getting the default layout in a process have been added.
- Timer callback validation has been fixed.
- A hack that allowed ReactOS to post messages that contain pointers has been removed as it is no longer needed.
- Keyboard messages are now added to the hardware list, not the post messages list.
- The default window position is no longer the top left corner of the screen.
- Win32k now catches attempts to call null hook procedures and avoids crashing.
- Attempts to call an invalid hook fail later during the search for the hook instead of immediately checking if a hook is active.
- Dependency on the RTL has been eliminated.
- GDI debug has been disabled to reduce memory usage.
- All Init functions are now NTAPI instead of FASTCALL and return NTSTATUS.
- Hooks are no longer cleaned up unconditionally due to any window associated with a specific thread being destroyed.
- Mouse and keyboard input no longer results in every message queue being woken, only the thread that the input is intended for is woken.
- Various optimizations to how messages are passed to processes, reducing duplication of information and unnecessary operations.
- Exclusive Device Context locks are no longer held when calling Nt/Gre functions. In the case of bitmaps, an InterlockedCompareExchange is used to check and exchange bitmap device context.
- Get/PeekMessage tests are now fixed after the correct message posting functions are being called.
- A variety of places have had their exception handling improved and simplified to increase performance.
- Issues with drawing icons, such as them being pink in color, have been dealt with through fixes to the GDI and bitmap code.
- Carlo Bramix: MultiByteToWideChar() has just 6 and not 8 parameters, probably it's a forgetten copy/past from WideCharToMultiByte(). (Aleksey Bragin; #5678)
- Carlo Bramix: ConvertULargeInteger() should have its parameter 'Len' declared as UINT rather than 'INT'. This fixes a signed/unsigned mismatch warning. (Aleksey Bragin; #5678)
- Track the only Global Hook ReactOS has. (James Tabor)
- Revert last change. (James Tabor)
- Fix some visual problems in the toolbar (Giannis Adamopoulos)
- Fix array access out of bounds. (Pierre Schweitzer; #5990)
- Make fix of r51022 compiler independant, on Johannes' suggestion. (Pierre Schweitzer)
- Fix another "sizeof" usage mistake (CID 1631). (Cameron Gutman)
- Allow displaying seconds in tray upon registry setting (Edijs)
- Remove the ROS_DOESNT_SUCK hack, and correctly started subsystem processes with the first MB reserved. (sir_richard)
- Add msg constants (by smiley) (Johannes Anderwald)
- Implement receiving notifications from win32k to play sounds of MessageBeep (Giannis Adamopoulos)
- Remove a documented definition from undocuser.h (Giannis Adamopoulos)
- Fix a typo. (Amine Khaldi)
- Reflect changes in Class2. (Pierre Schweitzer)
- Also added support for IOCTL_DISK_GET_DRIVE_GEOMETRY_EX. (Pierre Schweitzer)
- Hackplemented support for IOCTL_DISK_GET_PARTITION_INFO_EX. It will work fine for MBR partitions but will fake returns for GPT partitions. (Pierre Schweitzer)
- Implemented support for IOCTL_DISK_GET_LENGTH_INFO (Pierre Schweitzer)
- Change RtlLockBootStatusData prototype according to http://cookp.com/%2F/thread/1111206/how%20can%20i%20detect%20last%20boot%20success (Eric Kohl)
- Carlo Bramini <carlo DOT bramix AT libero DOT it> (Matthias Kupfer; #5635)
- Fix for render status bar after changing line wrap and flicker issue. (Matthias Kupfer; #5635)
- for details. (Matthias Kupfer; #5635)
- Jerome Gardou: Almost all of the ddraw->refcount winetests pass. One remains, due to the fact that IdirectDrawSurface::SetPalette is unimplemented. IDirectDraw::Createpalette is implemented too, but needs testing. There are no parameter checks. (Aleksey Bragin; #4909)
- Comments from me: The patch is not build-tested, however I did my best to merge it to existing ddraw and I prefer the actual code to be in the repository rather than hanging in bugzilla for years (last comment to the patch is dated 29.10.2009). (Aleksey Bragin; #4909)
- Add iscntrlW() definition (Cameron Gutman)
- Fix non-x86 versions of Wine's push/pop exception frame macro. (sir_richard)
- Update wined3d, ddraw, d3d8 and d3d9 to Wine 1.3.4. (Kamil Hornicek)
- Our CRT causes duplicate definitions, when trying to use it as fallback for missing msvcrt imports. Work around this limitation by adding powf and sqrtf wrappers for amd64 builds (Timo Kreuzer)
- Rafal Harabien: (Giannis Adamopoulos; #5580)
- Always call IntKeyboardInput and co_MsqPostKeyboardMessage while holding the user lock (Giannis Adamopoulos; #5580)
- Simplify cleaning up sent messages (Giannis Adamopoulos; #5580)
- Add missing functions. (Eric Kohl)
- Add forwarders to functions that are exported by setupapi.dll. (Eric Kohl)
- Mark deprecated functions. (Eric Kohl)
- Fix bitmap resources. They were not very valid. Windows didn't even load them. Probably created with some linux tool *cough* (Timo Kreuzer)
- Fixes part of the broken icons. Not the pink ones though. (Timo Kreuzer)
- Revert 45676 (Johannes Anderwald)
- It appears that the definitions for IID_IUnknown differ for kernel mode COM and user mode COM (Johannes Anderwald)
- Sync with wine 1.3.14 (Amine Khaldi)
- Fix include order of resources. (Timo Kreuzer)
- remove comctl_Cn.rc, it contains and outdated simplified chineese translation, that wine has in comctl_Zh.rc (Timo Kreuzer)
- DisplayDevicePropertyText: Use full DWORD value, not just one byte of it (CID 1803). (Roel Messiant)
- sync to wine 1.3.10 (Christoph von Wittich)
- use crt="msvcrt" instead of <library>msvcrt</library> (Christoph von Wittich)
- partial winesync (Christoph von Wittich)
- Rewrite name server enumeration routines (Johannes Anderwald)
- Check if static dns entries are present before checking for dynamic dns entries (Johannes Anderwald)
- Fixes static dns entries (Johannes Anderwald)
- Remove conditional redefine of DPRINT. Wine debug channels at this point, and we have NDEBUG. (Roel Messiant)
- Use TRACE instead of DbgPrint. Gets rid of the "Status 2" spam when no static nameserver is in the registry. (Roel Messiant)
- Use an actual entrypoint. Needed to record the instance handle, used by various function that access resources of the module. Should fix oleacc:main winetest. (Roel Messiant)
- Add a missing format type to unmarshall_discriminant(). (Eric Kohl)
- Don't leave packageinfo uninitialized. Even though it's not the way it should work, wine's rpcrt4 doesn't really expect that function to return no packages at all. Should prevent freeing an unitialized pointer. (Aleksey Bragin; #5778)
- Explicitly add msvcrt before ntdll to use it's *sprintf functions. Fixes bug 5557 (Timo Kreuzer)
- Sync to WINE 1.3.4 (Cameron Gutman)
- Sync the inet_ntop.c change from wininet (Cameron Gutman)
- Update the diff (Cameron Gutman)
- Update rapps database (Daniel Reimer)
- Sync to Wine 1.3.9 (Cameron Gutman)
- Add a ROS-specific change that was missed during the last winesync to fix winsock error handling (Cameron Gutman)
- Remove the CP_UNIXCP definition (Cameron Gutman)
- Use WSASetLastError instead of errno in inet_ntop.c (Cameron Gutman)
- Thanks to IRC:igorko for pointing out the bug (Cameron Gutman)
- Sync wininet to WINE 1.3.4 (Cameron Gutman)
- Regenerate wininet_ros.diff so that it actually applies against current WINE head (Cameron Gutman)
- Add a forgotten change to the diff (Cameron Gutman)
- Sync to Wine 1.3.9 (Cameron Gutman)
- Revert part of r47411. The revision was a wine sync, but no wine code was reverted, only the use of zlib is disabled. Fixes downloading audiograbber with rapps. (Timo Kreuzer; #5663)
- MCI_Close: Use UINT instead of UINT16 for the device id (CID 1804). (Roel Messiant)
- Fix and cleanup some code, and enable NMI support on the boot/install CD as well. (sir_richard)
- Fix potential buffer overflow (Johannes Anderwald)
- Calculate packet type according to PS/2++ spec (CID 1810). (Roel Messiant)
- Fix technical detail in comment to match spec. (Roel Messiant)
- Should use MEM_COMMIT | MEM_RESERVE, not just MEM_COMMIT when requesting a range of adress space that wasn't already reserved. This works in ReactOS because, well, no reason to explain why, but it wouldn't work on Windows or with a VAD-based kernel. (sir_richard)
- Sync reg xcopy winhlp32 wordpad and msiexec with Wine 1.3.5 (Daniel Reimer)
- Initialise PPB to zero. (Roel)
- The change from NtAllocateVirtualMemory to RtlAllocateHeap causes the memory to (Roel)
- be not automatically initialised to zero anymore. (Roel)
- Not every field of the PPB (for which the memory is allocated) gets explicitly (Roel)
- initialised, meaning this results in them having bogus values. (Roel)
- One of the now uninitialised fields is DebugFlags, which results in (Roel)
- DbgBreakPoint being called in NtProcessStartup. Simply ensuring the memory is (Roel)
- zeroed makes it all better again. (Roel)
- Katayama Hirofumi: (Sylvain Petreolle)
- Add / update Japanese translations. (Sylvain Petreolle)
- Fix typos in calc en-US resource. (Sylvain Petreolle)
- Bug #5673,5674,5675,5676. (Sylvain Petreolle)
- Fix PCI group key (Johannes Anderwald)
- use MiFillSystemPageDirectory only for 2 paging levels (Timo Kreuzer)
- Rewrite the resource map code to fix a regression, several failures cases, and a few memory leaks (Cameron Gutman)
- Remove an incorrect definition of IopDetectResourceConflict in pnpreport.c (no idea how this didn't trigger an onslaught of warnings) (Cameron Gutman)
- Partially implement IoAssignResources so that it creates a non-conflicting resource list from the requirements but it doesn't claim the resources for the device in the registry (Cameron Gutman)
- Partially implement IoReportResourceUsage so that it checks the resource list for conflicts but doesn't claim the resources in the registry (Cameron Gutman)
- Please test this revision with a variety of hardware and drivers because it activates several code paths in the PnP manager (Cameron Gutman)
- If this causes problems, look for "Denying an attempt to claim resources currently in use by another device!" in the debug log and report the bug to me (Cameron Gutman)
- Fix a critical bug in the conflict detection code (Cameron Gutman)
- Don't unconditionally skip conflict detection for shared resources, instead it should be done on a descriptor-by-descriptor basis (if both descriptors are shared) (Cameron Gutman)
- This check wasn't removed when I initially wrote this code and added the proper check below (Cameron Gutman)
- Add IoWMIDeviceObjectToProviderId and IoIs32bitProcess stubs for 64bit builds (Timo Kreuzer)
- Don't corrupt the Color value in case we didn't have any page on MmZeroedPageListHead. (Timo Kreuzer)
- Removed a wrong ASSERT in FsRtlIsNameInExpressionPrivate() and replace it by the right one (Pierre Schweitzer)
- Mark FsRtlIsDbcsInExpression() as halfplemented (Pierre Schweitzer)
- Renamed MmIsFileAPagingFile() to MmIsFileObjectAPagingFile() its appropriated name (Pierre Schweitzer)
- Added it to internal headers (Pierre Schweitzer)
- commit base for new vga display miniport driver, is svn copy of framebuf_new as many codes identical (evb)
- Will than commit and document differences to make into vga driver (evb)
- Add the new vga miniport to build (evb)
- Replace the framebuf_new spec rc rbuild with vga_new spec rc rbuild (evb)
- Delete pointer.c (evb)
- Start make changes, driver.h new fields for VGA, change driver short/long name/tag, add macros and in enable.c remove hw pointer support (evb)
- fix now palette.c for vga, by copy logPalVGA/VGALOGPALETTE from NT4 DDK VGA sample drv and turn off codes for allocate 256 color pallette, instead use fix 16 color logPalVGA (evb)
- fix header of debug.c (evb)
- Finish make enable.c work full on vga, main change force 4BPP (disable other codes), create 4BPP bitmap surfobj, associate and lock (evb)
- Easy part done, now hard part (evb)
- Mode detect look for 4BPP, planar, graphics < 0x800 mode now (evb)
- Add GDIINFO from NT4 VGA DDK sample driver (evb)
- Set 4BPP prefer DIB format (evb)
- No graphics caps set for VGA driver (evb)
- Put static palette/color buffer for when VGA IOCTL send later (evb)
- Convert almost done, bInitSURF is last (evb)
- Check that we got a valid vector back from HAL when translating an interrupt resource (Cameron Gutman)
- Add some debugging messages for failure paths in device resource handling code (Cameron Gutman)
- CSRSS was started with a free address space, and was able to map 0xA0000 into it by luck, because the ReactOS Mm allocator picks address ranges randomly, and it somehow managed to avoid the low 1MB addresses. Were this algorithm to change, or perhaps, were we to implement VADs for VM allocations, the 0xA0000 region might already be allocated (by an early-process-initialization allocation, such as the heap). This is what the flag referenced above was designed for, but it was not used. Using this flag, on the other hand, now makes CSRSS fail, because it attempts to map the RAM into 0xA0000, which fails since you can map a section on top of reserved memory. To work around this Brobdingnagian annoyance, CSRSS simply releases the first MB of memory that SMSS has nicely reserved for it, and then proceeds with the mapping. This fixes the issue of getting 0xA0000 by luck and now guarantees it can be mapped. (sir_richard)
- Dereference all threads, when a process is terminated. Fixes ghost processes in taskmgr! (Rafal; #1567)
- Move PrivateCsrssManualGuiCheck from user32 to win32csr (Giannis Adamopoulos)
- Add a new API GetTempFile() that returns an identifier to be used for creating temporary files. (Pierre Schweitzer)
- This API should be in basesrv.dll (Pierre Schweitzer)
- Silence CsrGetTempFile() debug (Pierre Schweitzer)
- Fix zero termination of harderror string parameters, when they are ansi. (Timo Kreuzer; #5983)
- Fix "format not a string literal and no format arguments" build warnings. (Eric Kohl)
- Use the full name we get from SearchForExecutable when building the command line for CreateProcess so we get proper name in argv later. (Kamil Hornicek)
- Provide the ability to query version info (needed for task (DavidErceg; #4386)
- grouping). (DavidErceg; #4386)
- Open a context menu, when a task is right clicked. (greenie; #4671)
- Implement resizing the work area. (greenie; #5846)
- Ue macros for the other nci generated files, too and delete nci-tool. (Timo Kreuzer)
- Lookup the special labels from above when initializing the System DLL. Only lookup INT2E vs SYSENTER on x86, other architectures don't need a stub. (sir_richard)
- Bitmap resources start at index 1, not 0. Also make sure we don't go past the maximum IDB_ resource index for no reason, and check the size of the resource instead of assuming it's going to be one page. (sir_richard)
- Implement monitor bitmap support for the display dialog (Carlo; #3158)
- Fix incorrect codepage values (Carlo; #3158)
- Look for applets in windows dir as well as system dir (Carlo; #3158)
- Fix bugs in the VAD algorithms, we should be rounding up, not down. (sir_richard)
- My attempt at making bugchecks a thing of the past has failed, someone has caught the typo. Bugchecks will now happen in ReactOS again instead of being ignored. Maybe you can "forget" to merge this one with the release branch? ;-) (sir_richard)
- Add support for user-mode VAD faults on page tables (just a couple lines of extra code). (sir_richard)
- Add support for user-mode VAD demand zero faults. (sir_richard)
- Remove broken ASSERT. (sir_richard)
- Hackfix a hack. Should get rid of the recent VAD assert in user32/bpp changes. (sir_richard)
- Fix copy/paste error. (sir_richard)
- Add MmProtectToValue array to convert MM/PTE protection values to Win32 protection flags. (sir_richard)
- Handle faults on non-demand-zero PTEs (and/or demand-zero PTEs that are not READWRITE (such as EXECUTE_READWRITE)). (sir_richard)
- Fix bugs in MiAllocateContiguousPages. Fixes an ASSERT Caemyr was seeting a lot (the cont-able ASSERT). (sir_richard)
- Part 1 of fixes: For some reason beyond me, I had abbreviated (Art Yerkes)
- MiCowSectionPage to always assume CoW rather than always not (Art Yerkes)
- CoW for cache sections. (Art Yerkes)
- Make sure we're looking for cache type sections rather than (Art Yerkes)
- as we were in the branch) data file sections. More needed. (Art Yerkes)
- Seems like cpsr_c doesn't work in this case? Need to investigate. Put an infinite loop in the entrypoint on ARM. (sir_richard)
- Roel Messiant: Fix NtQueryObject to return the required buffer size if the buffer provided was too small. Unimplemented paths behaviour is preserved. (Aleksey Bragin)
- Check that MaximumSize is valid value if the section is being backed by paging file. (Michael Martin)
- Always initialize TrapFrame segment selectors in KiEnterTrap, because further C code relies on at least TrapFrame->SegFs being correct. Running Arwinss on VirtualBox exposed this bug. (Aleksey Bragin)
- I wouldn't find solution for this bug without Timo's great help! (Aleksey Bragin)
- Remove IMAGE_FILE_MACHINE_NATIVE and IMAGE_FILE_MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE definitions, use only the former (Timo Kreuzer)
- Fix incompatibility with newer KiEnterTrap implementation. Should fix spontaneous issues I possibly introduced with my previous commit, and finally fixes that VirtualBox issue. (Aleksey Bragin)
- Fix memory region size calculation in MemoryBasicInformation in certain cases. Spotted by Michael Martin. (Aleksey Bragin)
- Fix a typo in region size calculation of special memory areas, which unbreaks OllyDbg & co. Thanks Michael Martin for the hint. (Aleksey Bragin; #5692)
- Do the required flush when the last reference to a cache stripe is released. (Art Yerkes)
- The installer now completes given enough ram in NEWCC=1, and writes an (Art Yerkes)
- understandable FS. There's at least one more problem preventing the (Art Yerkes)
- resulting installation from booting however. (Art Yerkes)
- Fix a bug in rmap where we were checking the next (unfortunately named (Art Yerkes)
- current) rmap for a segment membership. (Art Yerkes)
- Fix a mistake in cache trim. (Art Yerkes)
- ifdef detection of DirectMapping in section in NEWCC mode in page out. (Art Yerkes)
- Fix copypasta, thanks Victor! (Aleksey Bragin)
- Greatly simplify and fix the incorrect and overcomplicated if condition in IoIsOperationSynchronous(), based on MSDN description. Bug spotted, fix tested by Pierre. (Aleksey Bragin)
- Temporary bring back the old boot image until I or sir_richard commit a proper fix. (Aleksey Bragin)
- Reduce PDE/PTE confusion a little more. (Roel Messiant; #5791)
- MiQueryMemoryBasicInformation: Fall back on MEMORY_AREA data in sections until the MM rewrite also covers these. for more info. (Roel Messiant; #5791)
- Remove undocumented defines from winuser.h and include undocuser.h when _WINE is defined. (Aleksey Bragin)
- crt header compatibility update: (Timo Kreuzer)
- define _USE_MATH_DEFINES for dsound, gdiplus, jscript and some win32k files (Timo Kreuzer)
- don't define HAVE_LRINT(F) in libsamplerate (Timo Kreuzer)
- Remove M_PI constants from win32k (Timo Kreuzer)
- Try to fix a winetst crash. (Timo Kreuzer)
- Do not initialize the URL-Cache for a system process. (Eric Kohl; #5372)
- Patch will be submitted to WINE. (Eric Kohl; #5372)
- Implement MessageBeep and SetLogonNotifyWindow (Giannis Adamopoulos)
- Fix rounding error when calculating display size (neoman; #5790)
- Loosely based on (neoman; #5790)
- Fixes gdi32_winetest:mapping (neoman; #5790)
- Synchronize and share PEVENT/ENG_EVENT/VIDEO_PORT_EVENT implementation, as these objects are actually the same (and VideoPrt Event* APIs can be used on GRE Event Objects). Use ENG_EVENT structure from ntddvdeo.h instead of re-creating our own. Drivers using these interfaces will no longer explode. (sir_richard)
- replace nci-generated stubs with a stub file using macros (Timo Kreuzer)
- Implement NtUserGetMenuIndex, . (James Tabor; #5528)
- Fix build from 49005. (James Tabor)
- Move to the new window structure. Window Object served us well. (James Tabor)
- Rewrite the Event and Hook procedures. (James Tabor; #5670)
- Add fix for KsStudio for Olaf Siejka and debug prints for WH_KEYBOARD_LL. (James Tabor; #5670)
- Fix for DosBOX. Added more data copies in user32 hook.c. (James Tabor; #5670)
- This hook commit fixes the ros regression testing startup, but consider this a hax fix until more research in Global hooks has completed. More pointed Global hook tests are needed. Misc changes, removed unused storage pointers and reordering. For DosBOX, the mouse low level is now working and the keyboard low level should not be so intermittent as before, now sending messages from system desktop not from thread desktop, (James Tabor; #5670)
- Cleanup and added debug prints. (James Tabor)
- Fixed SendNotifyMessage, thanks to Michael Martin callback changes. Fixed DispatchMessage when dealing with thread errors. Fixed all but one of the Get/PeekMessage wine tests. Fixed attaching threads to process information. Plus other fixes. (James Tabor)
- Implemented support for QS bits, ReplyMessage (not fully correct), and others. (James Tabor)
- Tested everything here, please post regressions so I can add more applications to the test list. This patch is synced with 49720 and 49772. After that there are graphic issues. (James Tabor)
- Credits goes to wine for helping with diagnosing issues in the ReactOS message system. (James Tabor)
- Remove the old send message API and use NtUserMessageCall. (James Tabor)
- Send messages do not pass the Ansi bit. This was evident during the hook changes. User32 knows the caller is Ansi and with a Unicode window user32 can make the apropate switch. Win32k on the other hand, assumes, based on the Unicode window the caller is Unicode. Hook tests enabled in send message, forces the call to win32k, and the Ansi product is Unicode data. Using NtUserMessageCall this bit can be passed forward to allow win32k to make the correct switch going to callback. (James Tabor)
- Finish 50030 (work by Giannis), Now PostMessage passes all the correct data based on Get/PeekMessage. Example: Post A, Get/Peek A, Translate A, Dispatch A, should be that simple. FYI: DDE memory handling should be in win32k not user32 and why,,,,, ~see next point~ (James Tabor)
- Patch up problems (at a minimum) going into the SendMessage/Timeout A2U U2A support in win32k and fixed SMTO callback if local. (James Tabor)
- Fix all the user32 wine win test_SetParent tests. (James Tabor)
- Fix mdi class window function Id, now msi message tests do not assert. (James Tabor)
- Fix most of the user32 wine win test_mdi tests. Leaving 6 failures dealing with rect size. Start A2U and U2A support. (James Tabor)
- Fix copy paste error, which means this code is not used, should have pop up during testing. (James Tabor)
- Add hack to mark desktop window as a desktop window and notes for creating a desktop with tips in win32k. Move user position code from window to winpos. (James Tabor)
- WM_MDICREATE originates from user space so treat it as it should, fixes bug 5903. (James Tabor)
- Clarify the meaning and the use of 0, 1 and 2 for user window regions, wine never did. Noticing patches not corresponding in correctness and understanding, leaving potential crashes in the DCE code, which depend on these types. (James Tabor)
- Patch based on Rafal Harabien patch, fixes wine msg SetWindowRgn test, see also bug 5959. (James Tabor)
- Use User32 GetWindowRgnBox, still passing both wine msg SetWindowRgn and win winregion tests, . (James Tabor; #5959)
- Implement client thread information for the beginning of QS flag support and signaling synchronization of messages. (James Tabor)
- Set and clear idle event when setting clearing masks. This fixed the idle foreground hook call from user mode. (James Tabor)
- Fixed wine ListBox and ReactOS ComboBox tests. Critical note: SendMessageA/W, when IsThreadHooked is used and any global hooks are affirmed, all messages are sent to Win32k and the result is, A to W and W to A mismatch via UMToKM. Fixing Global hook support exposed a critical bug in ReactOS message system. Enable the appropriate hooks will temporarily remedy this bug. (James Tabor)
- All patches are from a checked out revision from 49475. Upping ntuser.h, win32k and user32 to sync. (James Tabor)
|Versions / Official Changelogs / Community Changelogs|
|0.0.x Series||0.0.8 | 0.0.9 | 0.0.10 | 0.0.11 | 0.0.12 | 0.0.13 | 0.0.14 | 0.0.15 | 0.0.16 | 0.0.17 | 0.0.18 | 0.0.19 | 0.0.20 | 0.0.21|
|0.1.x Series||0.1.0 | 0.1.1 | 0.1.2 | 0.1.3 | 0.1.4 | 0.1.5|
|0.2.x Series||0.2.0 | 0.2.1 | 0.2.2 | 0.2.3 | 0.2.4 | 0.2.5 | 0.2.6 | 0.2.7 | 0.2.8 | 0.2.9|
|0.3.x Series||0.3.0 | 0.3.1 | 0.3.2 | 0.3.3 | 0.3.4 | 0.3.5 | 0.3.6 | 0.3.7 | 0.3.8 | 0.3.9 | 0.3.10 | 0.3.11 | 0.3.12 | 0.3.13 | 0.3.14 | 0.3.15 | 0.3.16 | 0.3.17|
|0.4.x Series||0.4.0 | 0.4.1 | 0.4.2 | 0.4.3 | 0.4.4 | 0.4.5 | 0.4.6 | 0.4.7 | 0.4.8 | 0.4.9 | 0.4.10 | 0.4.11 | 0.4.12 | 0.4.13|