The changelog for 0.2.7 in terms meaningful to technical end-users.
- 1 Generic
- 2 ReactOS Core
- 3 Networking
- 4 Session Manager (SMSS)
- 5 Win32(tm) Personality
- 5.1 User mode subsystem server (CSRSS)
- 5.2 Kernel mode subsystem server (WIN32K)
- 5.3 Win32(tm) Libraries
- 5.4 Libraries shared with Wine
- 5.5 Win32(tm) Applications
ReactOS will fail to boot with a AllocConsole error when a ps/2 mouse is not attached on some hardware. Bug 688
This ReactOS release requires 64MB to complete the first stage installer. Bug 703
Initial Program Loader (FREELDR)
Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL)
Kernel + Executive (NTOSKRNL)
- Implement device interface management (IoRegisterDeviceInterface, IoSetDeviceInterfaceState, IoRegisterPlugPlayNotification, IoUnregisterPlugPlayNotification) (Hervé Poussineau)
- Implement PoRequestPowerIrp
- Implement IRP_MN_QUERY_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENTS for devices enumerated by Root bus (Hervé Poussineau)
Kernel Mode Modules
- Implement IRP_MN_QUERY_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENTS (Hervé Poussineau)
- Report correct list in IRP_MN_QUERY_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENTS (Hervé Poussineau)
- serial.sys driver completed except control handflow (XON/XOFF) (Hervé Poussineau)
- serenum.sys driver completed. It enumerates mice plugged on serial ports (Hervé Poussineau)
- UHCI controller driver, that uses Cromwell USB stack (Hervé Poussineau)
- Basic USB hub driver, that sometimes reports connected devices (Hervé Poussineau)
Implement FSCTL_IS_VOLUME_DIRTY and FSCTL_MARK_VOLUME_DIRTY (Hervé Poussineau)
Implement IOCTL_VIDEO_QUERY_AVAIL_MODES, IOCTL_VIDEO_QUERY_CURRENT_MODE, IOCTL_VIDEO_QUERY_NUM_AVAIL_MODES (Hervé Poussineau)
- WSAStringToAddressA and WSAStringToAddressW implement in ws2_32 (Magnus Olsen)
Session Manager (SMSS)
- Removed loading of the kernel mode part of Win32 emulator (win32k.sys).
- Removed running winlogon.exe
User mode subsystem server (CSRSS)
- Added loading of the kernel mode part of the Win32 emulator (win32k.sys);
- Run winlogon.exe
Kernel mode subsystem server (WIN32K)
- Implement NtGdiDdCanCreateSurface and NtGdiDdBlt for DirectX (untested) (Magnus Olsen)
- StrechBitBlt for all Bpp (not full implemet use the code as ref) (Magnus Olsen)
- partially implemented fullscreen in changedisplay setting I can play winquake in fullscreen now :) (Magnus Olsen)
- Implement NtGdiGetSystemPaletteUse and NtGdiSetSystemPaletteUse this code have been taken from wine (Magnus Olsen)
- Implement NtGdiAnimatePalette (partly ripped from Wine does not anime 100% of the palette) (Hervé Poussineau)
- fix winquake color glitc bug the text are now whie instead for black (Magnus Olsen)
- Speed optimze the bitblt By (Magnus Olsen), Blight, Alex, GvG see svn log
- Implemented GetCommProperties, ClearCommError, CommConfigDialogA, CommConfigDialogW (Saveliy Tretiakov)
- Implemented GetCommConfig, SetCommConfig, FindFirstFileExW (Dmitry Philippov)
Work on devices enumeration by implementing CM_Enumerate_Classes(_Ex), SetupDiCreateDeviceInfoA, SetupDiCreateDeviceInfoListExW, SetupDiEnumDeviceInfo, SetupDiGetActualSectionToInstallA, SetupDiGetClassDescriptionExA, SetupDiGetClassDevs(Ex)A/W, SetupDiGetDeviceInterfaceDetailA/W, SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryPropertyA/W (Hervé Poussineau)
Dorp last sync with wine and userhook Before we can sync with wine we need to rewrite the enum and reg of device so it working fine in reactos and windows.
Add svn rev 15043 + only userhooks for the mouse at last the mouse are working in tribles windows mode but in full screen it is bit chopy. Not tested tribles in reactos with the new code.
David Nordenberg: Swedish translation, proofread by Andreas Bjerkeholt
Alot of improvments in cmd.
Sorted by develpoer:
Magnus Olsen (GreatLord)
- Remove all hardcode string to own rc file.
- Cache codepage instead call on win32 api for it whole time.
- Add *.* syntax to Dir
- Bugfix Color now it work as it should
- Bugfix CD "program files" so it works
- Implement CD s* * translate %errorlevel% to a value when it pass at command line. Now is errorlevel implement as it should. left todo check all cmd command that they are setting right value
- fix a small bug in choice.c so it does print out choice "sadsad" right
- add %time% and %cd% internal value. Example echo %cd% or echo %time%.
- add %DATE% example echo %date% are working now. Bugfix date so it print out the week days names.
- adding %RANDOM% example how to use it echo %random%
- adding %cmdcmdline%, example how to use it echo %CMDCMDLINE%
- add %CMDEXTVERSION% example to use it echo %CMDEXTVERSION% the value are hardcode to 2. for it is that value ms win2k / winxp report back. thx arty to test it in win xp.
- quick dirty hack getting our copy working with 1>null by me
so we can create reactos iso on ros. bug reported by harteex and Brandon Turner, thanks to Brandon to hunt down where the bug was.
- Add Help command (By Frik85)
- Add german language resource to the ReactOS Command Processor
(not completely finished, I will update it as soon as possible)
Martin Rottensteiner (email@example.com):
- set errorlevel to 9009 if command not found
- implemented exit /b # in batchfiles
Brandon Turner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Added exclusive deletion "del * -abc.txt -text*.txt"
- Fixed bug to allow MS style wildcards + code clean up added /y and /-y
- simple check to fix > and | bug with 'rem'
- Implemented /A example "del /A:H /A:-R *.exe -ping.exe"
- Bug fix color now it working as ms cmd color. Please everyone that have done translate of cmd, update the language's file. some text have been modify and add in cmd en.rc
- Fix bug "mv foo.txt c:\temp gives you c:\tempfoo.txt" by Brandon Turner
SYSTEM CONTROL PANEL
- Stepwise taskbar resizing (charn <email@example.com>)
- Fix of swedish translation (greatlrd)
- option to build Explorer as ROS Shell without integrated explorer part (Martin Fuchs)
- display of custom folders in start menu root (Martin Fuchs)
- fix of listbox insert algorithmus (Martin Fuchs)
- Czech translation of Explorer (Luk _ "denzil" Frolka <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
- Russian Translation (Done by Dmitry Philippov, checked by fireball, DarkHobbit and others)
- French Translation (hpoussin)
- split of big explorer resource file into smaller language specific rescource scripts (Martin Fuchs)
- Czech translation (Denzil <email@example.com>)
- Swedish translation (David Nordenberg, proofread by Andreas Bjerkeholt)
- implementation of owner drawn context menus (Martin Fuchs)
- from WINE: add czech and swedish resource files (Martin Fuchs)
- from WINE: Change SUBLANG_DEFAULT to SUBLANG_NEUTRAL for LANG_SPANISH in all resources, so that Spanish locales other than Spain also use Spanish resources. (Alex Villacís Lasso <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
- from WINE: Spanish translation (José Manuel Ferrer Ortiz <email@example.com>)
- from WINE: Update of Portuguese translation (Marcelo Duarte <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Am‚rico Jos‚ Melo <email@example.com>, Francois Gouget <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
- from WINE: Update of German translation. (Henning Gerhardt <email@example.com>)
- display source path in "move file" dialog (Martin Fuchs)
- network connect and disconnect dialogs (Martin Fuchs)
- "format disk" dialog (Martin Fuchs)
- display free and total disk space (Martin Fuchs)
- switching of file sort order (Martin Fuchs)
- from WINE: add polish resource file (Martin Fuchs)
- window refresh in shell mode (Martin Fuchs)
- implement file filtering (matching file name patterns and file types) (Martin Fuchs)
- refresh display after executing a context menu command (Martin Fuchs)
- file copy, move and delete commands (Martin Fuchs)
- file properties dialog ([Martin Fuchs], partly based on Rob D.'s winfile code)
- from WINE: Update German resource files (Henning Gerhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
- switch to WIN32 API string functions (Martin Fuchs)
- Updated winefile French resources (Jonathan Ernst <Jonathan@ErnstFamily.ch>)
- Sync source code and resource scripts between WINE and ROS WINE and switch to UNICODE compilaton in Wine (Martin Fuchs)