The changelog for 0.2.6 in terms meaningful to technical end-users.
- 1 Generic
- 2 FREELDR
- 3 HAL
- 4 NTOSKRNL
- 5 ATAPI
- 6 ADVAPI32
- 7 KERNEL32
- 8 PSAPI
- 9 CRTDLL
- 10 MSVCRT
- 11 VFAT
- 12 WIN32K
- 13 Networking
- 14 NDIS
- 15 PCNET
- 16 EXPLORER/WINEFILE
- 17 IBROWSER
- 18 DirectX
- 19 Libraries shared with Wine
- 20 SMSS
- 21 CSRSS
- 22 USER32
- 23 SHELL32
- 24 FMIFS
- 25 VGA
- 26 RTL
- 27 USB
- 28 VIDEOPRT
- 29 SERIAL
- NVIDIA OpenGL hardware acceleration works (Gregor Anich)
- Rewritten Kernel Debugger (Gregor Anich)
- Works now with HDDs larger than 128 GB
- Most old stuff deleted. Now share source with msvcrt via crt.lib
- Everything moved into crt.lib
- Implement NtGdiDdGetDriverInfo and NtGdiDdWaitForVerticalBlank for directx. Untested yet. (Magnus Olsen)
- support for owner drawn context menus (Martin Fuchs)
- changed icon symbols
- added simple web browser application derived from ROS Explorer (Martin Fuchs)
- simple file -> open menu (sedwards)
- fix some bugs in GetDeviceData so it working now.
- It working now in Unreal Tourment
- Bug fix from 0.2.6 RC1 was
1. The Y-axis are not longer choppy as 0.2.6 RC1
2. The mouse does not have a delay at 50ms as Directx doc say. it make it no longer choppy.
3. Set right time stamp on the mouse buffer packet
4. Set calaction right value for event counter for GetDevice 50ms equal with one evnet counter.
- Now even more DirectX apps working.
- Better OLE/DCOM Support
- MSI/Windows Installer support
- Richedit Support
- Tons of Unicode conversion
- Session manager actually beginning manage environment subsystems.
- Progress in booting kernel mode and user mode environment subsystem from the registry.
- Initial code to register itself in the SM as the environment subsystem server for Win32 console programs.
- launching of display properties dialog by using the desktop context menu (Martin Fuchs)
- Drivers from Linux (Cromwell actually) are ported to ReactOS, and OHCI host controller driver is now working fine. However no class drivers has been developed yet, so no usb devices work right now. Next release (0.3.0) will have support for USB keyboards and mice, and also quite more popular UHCI controller. (Aleksey Bragin)
- NVIDIA Windows 2000 driver works
- Start of the serial driver: Handle write support and some IOCTL codes. (Hervé Poussineau)
- Implemented IOCTL_SERIAL_GET_STATS and IOCTL_SERIAL_CLEAR_STATS. (Saveliy Tretiakov)