Here are few steps required for compiling the branch (using Windows XP):
1.first of all we'll need CMake from CMake page, while installing please don't forget about adding it to PATH variable (you'll probably need to logout from your account to apply the changes)
2. checkout the branch: svn://svn.reactos.org/reactos/branches/cmake-bringup/ (read more about subversion here here)
3. create two more folders in cmake-bringup:
mkdir build mkdir build-ros
4. launch rosbe command line, first we're going to build tools (you can change make to makex to use more than one processor/core):
cd build cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles" ..\ make cd ..
5. now we can build ros source using freshly compiled tools:
cd build-ros cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles" -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=toolchain-mingw32.cmake ..\ make (cd ..) <- optionally
you can also build any of the modules separately, like:
or clean any of them, like:
make icu4ros clean
List of modules and build targets is available using:
to clean whole tree (like in rbuild):
6. As build tools aren't changing very often, contents of 'build' folder can be compiled once and doesn't need recompilation with every commit.
In case of any updated CMakeLists from other folders (like ros headers, libraries or apps), it's best to remove content of 'build-ros' folder, and repeat step 5