Here are few steps required for compiling the branch (using Windows XP):
1.first of all we'll need CMake from CMake page, while installing please don't forget about adding it to PATH variable (you'll probably need to logout from your account to apply the changes)
2. checkout the branch: svn://svn.reactos.org/reactos/branches/cmake-bringup/ (read more about subversion here here
3. create two more folders in cmake-bringup: build and build-ros
4. change two lines in toolchain-mingw32.cmake (root folder of the branch):
SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILER mingw32-gcc) SET(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER mingw32-g++)
SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILER gcc) SET(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER g++)
5. launch rosbe command line, first we're going to build tools:
cd build cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles" ..\ makex cd ..
6. now we can build ros source using freshly compiled tools:
cd build-ros cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles" -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=toolchain-mingw32.cmake g:\reactos\cmake-bringup ..\ makex (cd ..) <- optionally
7. As build tools aren't changing very often, contents of 'build' folder can be compiled once and doesn't need recompilation with every commit.
In case of any updated cmakefiles from other folders (like ros headers, libraries or apps), it's best to remove content of 'build-ros' folder, and repeat step 6