The Buildslave Osnabrück compiles ReactOS debug builds.
|Start date (UTC)
||End date (UTC)
|16:30 18:30 19:30
- Kernel update -> linux-2.6.24-gentoo, and a few minor other things. Will see whether I can fix that buildbot chaos my brother has made... EDIT: need more time...
EDIT: still need more time. The new kernel is running fine, I've even correctly configured grub for falling back to an older kernel when a kernel update should fail. Now I still gotta fix that buildbot setup. I'll try to leave it running most of the time, though.
- Kernel update -> linux-2.6.23-gentoo-r3
- A server reboot caused the domain name resolver to malfunction; Gentoo overwrites the /etc/resolv.conf file on each reboot, and thereby removed my nameserver setting. I put the nameserver address into /etc/conf.d/net so Gentoo will now generate corrent resolv.conf files.
Going to test if ReactOS will now build on 64 bit Gentoo.Oh my, we were watching a film and I forgot that I took the buildslave offline... it's now back online, running as 64bit :)
- Oh my, moving the whole buildbot folder onto the RAM disk was a bad idea actually. We were repeatedly surprised after restarts that our script changes were missing (changed them on the RAM disk and forgot to copy them back to the hard disk), this time the uploadiso script was reverted, leading to corrupted ISO files on the download server. I moved the folder back on the hard disk for the sake of stability; obj, output and now ccache remain on the RAM disk. ccache is now installed on the debug server too, reducing the build time from ~5 minutes to ~2 minutes.
Reboot. Oh my, the expected new hard disk didn't show up. Investigating, expect another reboot soon. Fixed it, took me almost a whole hour longer than expected. Looks like only 4 out of 6 SATA ports work atm. Enabling AHCI support in the BIOS should fix this, but Fedora doesn't seem to support this (kernel panic). Anyway, I'm going to install Gentoo sooner or later, than I will do this properly.
- Repeated power failures led to a server shutdown, and I had forgotten to a) configure the initscript to rebuild the RAM disk after boot and b) copy some new scripts from the RAM disk back to the hard disk. Took me some time to notice the buildbot wasn't coming back online and then to fix these issues.
- I'll try to move the whole buildbot onto the RAM disk, not only the object files. Only the buildbot will have ocassionally downtimes, the VM will stay online.
- The RAM disk is not working as expected. I will setup a tmpfs instead and reboot the VM, so it can use all available memory.
- Setting up a RAM disk for the Reactos VM.
- Fixed remaining problems with the RAID configuration. The new configuration reduced the build time from 9:00 to 7:40.
- Installed a UPS and apcupsd.
- Upgraded the Reactos VM to FC7.
- Configured a serial console for the Xen host to simplify future maintenance work.
- Changed the RAID0 configuration of the Reactos VM.
- Cleaned the fans.
scheduled downtime that has not occured yet
scheduled downtime that has occured
unscheduled downtime that is occuring right now
unscheduled downtime that has occured
||2x Intel Xeon 5310
||Kingston ValueRAM FB-DIMM 8 GB DDR2-667
||3x 305GiB, 1x 27GiB|
/dev/md0: RAID5 (3x 297GiB); /dev/md1: RAID0 (3x 1027MiB)
|Host operating system
|VM operating system
- May 2007: We finally got a replacement mainboard from Alternate, not the one we sent in, but a very similar one, so the server is now back up. The object files are now placed on a RAID0 with three disks, improviving the build time from ~15 to ~10 minutes.
- March 2007: As long as the new server doesn't work, the old server is back online.
- February 2007: Martin comes up with the idea to put plenty new SATA hard disks into the server, but the old mainboard has no SATA support, so the whole server needs to be replaced. The ReactOS team decides to co-fund the upgrade and instead of consumer level hardware, a full-blown Xeon QuadCore server is bought. Due to problems with the online shop, it took a few weeks to get the new server up and running - only to find out that the mainboard sometimes simply won't boot and has to be sent back for replacement.
- Long ago: Christoph installs the buildbot on Martin's private server, then an old AMD 800MHz with 512 MB RAM. The RAM is later upgraded to 1024MB, the CPU is replaced with a Sempron 2500+.