The secret of KJK::Hyperion's world-renowned cheesecake now in your hands! Not recommended in hot weather (cheese deteriorates very fast and the butter gets too soft to work the dough properly). To be consumed in at most a week (won't realistically last that long). Serves a whole lot of people. Use only for good, not for evil. Not to be had sex with. Do not operate heavy machinery after consumption.
- 500 g ( 2 1/8 cup ) of ricotta cheese ( whole milk )
- 300 g ( 2 1/2 cup ) of flour, general purpose
- 350 g ( 1 3/4 cup ) of granulated sugar
- 150 g ( 2/3 cup ) of softened butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 g ( 1/4 tsp ) of vanillin or vanilla extract
- black chocolate chips at will
Mix the cheese with 200 g ( 1 cup ) of sugar and 2 eggs, then add the vanillin/vanilla extract and the chocolate.
Work into dough the flour with 150 g ( 3/4 cup ) of sugar, the butter and 2 eggs, and roll it into a thin sheet.
Cover a buttered pie-pan with the dough sheet, and cut the borders away so that what remains exceeds the pan's size by around 5 cm (2 inches). Put the filling in it and cover the filling with crossing stripes of dough cut from the leftovers. Bend the excess dough on the stripes' ends.
Put in oven at 200°C (400°F) for 30 minutes. Let it cool before consumption
This is your design goal (minus bad lighting and garish tablecloth).
put too much chocolate chips, and we think oven didn't hit 400F like we asked it too ( it's a bit cranky ). Seems to be way too much dough in the recipe for the 9" glass pie dish we baked it in, even though the cheese was the right quantity for it.
Still... it tasted very good even with too much chocolate. I can't wait for our 2nd trial... ( Royce Mitchell )
It was good, but it needs some getting used to. It tasted like nothing i have tasted before. I think the cheese did it:-D I used a "plate" (200g) of black chocolate, but imo this was too much. Hyperion said he used a half or a quarter "plate". I'll try it again sometime with less choco. ( Gunnar Dalsnes )
- Officially approved. This implementations conforms. KJK::Hyperion 16:01, 12 March 2006 (CET)
- A Spanish try(before cooked):Does it conform the implementations?
- This kind of cheesecake actually is a pie