here are some suggestions concerning the roadmap 'both' means website and wiki 'wiki' means the corresponding wiki page
- only target set targets for the next minor version (0.x) and maybe the start of beta (current target 0.5) and gold (current target 1.0) (don't touch the 2 months cycle for 0.x.y versions)
- both: don't list versions like 0.8 or 0.9 because there are no targets set till today there are no information provided
- both: remove year information for future releases, for 0.x.y you can provide them but 0.x don't really make sense, because the progress that is made varies a lot
- wiki: use the wiki and change the old raodmap information for the next versions with a list with the new targets
- wiki: provide minor targets to set some small steps (maybe single API names or some API collections) to mark as done or not done, so people can see where is some progress, like ReactOS "ntoskrnl" kernel: 50% compatible with WinNT 5.x & 6 minor targets could be cc, mm, ke or something like this , these minor steps could also change in time to reflect changes in development, but the main target maybe shouldn't be touched
- maybe talk with devs to set new targets that are realistic (for 0.4, maybe 0.5(because of beta phase beginning) and 1.0(because targets for gold))
--DangerGround 17:40, 19 March 2008 (CET)
Nice Roadmap :). I would like to have a nice Office Suite almost/full working in 0.4. Choose: OpenOffice,Microsoft Office...ANY version. Imo ReactOS needs a working Office Suite to make it usable. VICMARCAL.
What about the releases date? I´m seeing they are One month each. Are they wrong?or is a speeding up expected? :)
Your roadmap goes up in one month increments, not 3 month incremenets as the release cycle actually is -The123king
And making 3 month out of each one month period might shift the timeline into kinda realistic dimensions --ThePhysicist 00:10, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
Dates for 0.3.11 onwards need to be adjusted to correlate with statement made on web home page. -- Lone Rifle 08:25, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
It seems that a 3 or 4 month release cycle would be more accurate than the 1 month one listed in the roadmap. I mean, it's October and we're still waiting around for 0.3.11, not 0.4.2. By the way, is the assumption that 0.3.11 is the last of the 0.3.x line valid? Because at the rate it's going, we might see 0.3.23 in half a century before they're ready to move on to 0.4. I also am dismayed by the short-sightedness and lethargic development of the project. Is there really no plan for what will be in the future versions, and is there really no workable timeline? *sigh* I remember when I was young and hopeful, years ago, when they had 0.3.3 and I wanted to contribute graphic design work. They said the project wasn't ready for that kind of stuff, and I doubt it ever will be. Artguy10 22:34, 5 October 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for your supporting and encouraging words.I hope you have compared the stability/performance/compatibility of 0.3.3 against 0.3.10, and not jut looked the numbers. Vicmarcal 10:19, 7 October 2009 (UTC)
How about a prioritized list of goals? You may not be able to provide timelines, but a project plan containing ordered milestones should be possible and desirable to keep things moving in the right direction.