[ros-dev] Licensing - Make ReactOS conform again!

Colin Finck colin at reactos.org
Thu Aug 17 23:53:46 UTC 2017

Hi all!

I've held a presentation at Hackfest today regarding Licensing Best
Practices, different positions about the GPL and its influence, and ways
to improve ReactOS' conformance with all involved licenses.

I think we should treat this subject even more seriously than others,
given that we are an Open-Source project trying to provide an
alternative to a proprietary product. Also licensing questions arise
from time to time, which is why we should collect some answers.

Please watch the video at https://youtu.be/OTVVz9VLisU or see the slides
at
https://svn.reactos.org/press-media/trunk/Events/2017%20-%20Hackfest/Licensing.pdf
Discussions are open now! :)
But if there are no objections, let's introduce SPDX license headers,
.ABOUT files, and a complete license list as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Colin