[ros-dev] CMake adoption

Colin Finck colin at reactos.org
Sun Oct 9 12:44:13 UTC 2011

Aleksey Bragin <aleksey at reactos.org> wrote:
> Seriously all Caemyr's points are valid. We can go to a better debug
> format anytime, not specifically at the time of cmake switch.

Then I hope that Amine's r54055 commit message was a bit ironic and
build doesn't really need twice the disk space with RSYM. Because in
this case, we get ourselves in another mess and the RAM-Disk on the
Debug slave will run out of space.

As the current temporary CMake build is performed on the hard disk while
the RBuild one uses the RAM-Disk, you can easily see that the RAM-Disk
contributes much to the short build times.

I'm open for any debug format for the CMake switch. I've already made
the necessary changes to sysreg2 to first look up the base address with
objdump and then use addr2line instead of using just raddr2line in the past.
This process is fairly scriptable by the way and this has already been
done, see
http://svn.reactos.org/svn/reactos/trunk/tools/RosBE-Windows/Root/reladdr2line.cmd?revision=27678&view=markup
Looks like this was from the time when raddr2line also needed the base
address.

- Colin