[ros-dev] [ros-diffs] [cgutman] 54016: [HAL] - Implement support for scatter/gather DMA - Tested with Intel's NDIS 5.1 PRO/1000 driver (but more testing would be helpful to weed out bugs) [NDIS] - Report NDIS 5.1 now si...

Cameron Gutman aicommander at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 01:04:58 UTC 2011

On Oct 5, 2011, at 7:43 PM, Colin Finck wrote:

> cgutman at svn.reactos.org wrote:
> > - Implement support for scatter/gather DMA
>
> This commit deserves a huge LIKE button, thanks!

Most of the real backend code for scatter/gather was already there in IoFlushAdapterBuffers, IoMapTransfer, and IoAllocateAdapterChannel. I just plumbed it all together and created the SCATTER_GATHER_LIST structure.

> Will try it out as soon as I have access to my ReactOS laptop again. Finally a chance for getting its Ethernet port to work :-)

That would be great! Anyone else who has drivers that use S/G DMA, please try it on trunk and report your experience.

Regards,
Cameron