[ros-dev] CMake migration of Trunk_x86_GCCLin Debug Buildslave

Cameron Gutman aicommander at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 13:28:35 UTC 2011

On Oct 4, 2011, at 7:04 AM, caemyr at myopera.com wrote:

> Without knowing the cause such upgrade is dangerous as new regressions might occur. Did you Colin try to enable freeldr debugging?

Does anyone NOT see the irony here? It's CMake that brings regressions (for seemingly no reason). Off the top of my head, I can think of this freeloader thing (broken only on CMake), the freeloader bug that Timo ran into (only worked on CMake), and the AC97 hang (broken only on CMake). Let's fix our CMake build before we go rushing into it and introduce regressions from something as trivial and stupid as a build system. Hold off on RosBE 2.0! We're clearly not ready for it!

Regards,
Cameron