[ros-dev] New WS2.2 Binary

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Sun Oct 30 20:33:32 CET 2005

Hi,

It turns out there was another big bug that I released the binary with,
related to a recent untested RAS Auto-dial feature, which made the DLL
crash almost instantly in most programs.

I've fixed the build and this time did some extensive testing to avoid
having another bad release. I've tested, with success, IE6, Filezilla,
Firefox, Thundebird, Outlook Express, MIRC. As well, I'm happy to report
that MSN Messenger 7.5 and Azureus also work fine on my system, so add
those 2 apps to known working.

I'm still interested in Opera, other P2P clients, Chat clients, IRC
clients and Mozilla itself.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Alex Ionescu

Changelog:

Revision: 27
Date: 1:23:52 PM, October 30, 2005
Message:
- Fix regressions/bugs in last patch:
  * Fix Query validation checks
  * Fix Query signature not being set anywhere
- Fix DLL_THREAD_DETACH leaking into DLL_PROCESS_DETACH due to missing
break; statement.
----

Revision: 26
Date: 1:35:21 AM, October 30, 2005
Message:
- Major refactoring of NS Query Object:
  * Remove active calls field and operations
  * Add RefCount member and provide referencing/dereferencing mechanisms
  * Implement WsNqValidateAndReference for validation and referencing
  * Add preliminary special support for providers supporting NSPIoctl
  * Rewrite most of WsNqLookupServiceNext to work with more optimized
semantics and NSPIoctl support.
  * Fixed some potential locking/race issues.
----

Revision: 25
Date: 11:03:00 PM, October 29, 2005
Message:
- Fix WsRasLoadHelperDll:
  * Do proper check for initialization
  * Actually save the loaded DLL handle after loading the DLL, instead
of failing
- Make the NS Query object initalizer set TryAgain to TRUE so that RAS
Auto-Dial will function normally.
----