[ros-dev] TC function description: opening discussion prior tovote

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.org
Wed Oct 26 11:11:48 CEST 2005

> From: Casper Hornstrup
>
> > Our (draft) constitution calls for a 5 day discussion period,
> > followed by a 5 day voting period.
>
> [CSH]
> 7 days actually, unless specified otherwise.

Damn, I should have checked instead of relying on my memory. Thanks for the
correction, we now have 6 days to go in the discussion period which will be
followed by a 7 day voting period.

> [CSH] Both A and B would violate the constitution if we agree to it.
> It says a vote can override any decision or action made by
> any project member.
>
> This paragraph violates it:
> "The TC has final say over the priority of a bug. By his
> election, the developers and board members have agreed to
> trust in his judgement related to bug priorities, and must
> not hinder any legitimate efforts that the TC is attempting
> in order to prioritize bugs. "
>
> I believe the whole paragraph is void. The TC (and any other
> project member) can do almost anything (including changing
> priority of a bug and attempting to block a release). All the
> draft constitution asks for, is that every registered project
> member is given an opportunity to object (and call for a vote
> on the subject if needed).

Royce also pointed out that that paragraph is not very clear. We should
probably drop it in proposal B. I don't feel very comfortable making changes
to proposal A, I didn't write and don't feel responsible for it. I hope
someone else will pick up this issue with respect to A.

Gé van Geldorp.