[ros-dev] Prelude to voting for the Testing Coordinator Roles andResponsibilities.

Murphy, Ged (Bolton) MurphyG at cmpbatteries.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 13:27:54 CEST 2005

Ge van Geldorp wrote:

> Yes, that is what RC1 is for. It is supposed to be made immediately after
> branching, when entering feature freeze. It's status is basically no more
> than that of a random svn version. Perhaps "RC1" is a misnomer.
<snip>
> Perhaps we should call
> it "FF" (Feature Freeze) instead and rename RC2 to "CF" (Code Freeze)?

My understanding of RC in the software world is a Release Candidate, meaning
we have removed every bug we could find and we think this software is now
ready for release.

Therefore I think RC gives out the wrong impression and should not be used.
Code Freeze or Preview Release sounds good to me.

> > However, I have decided to no longer
> > continue as TC, if I was even TC to start with.
>
> I am really sorry to hear this and hope you will reconsider.

I also hope you will reconsider. IMO, the assignment of a TC has proven to
be one of the most successful ideas I've seen since I started following the
project. The work you have done so far has been fantastic and I would like
to see it continue.

Ged.

The information contained in this message or any of its
attachments is confidential and is intended for the exclusive
use of the addressee. The information may also be legally
privileged. The views expressed may not be company policy,
but the personal views of the originator. If you are not the
addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other
dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.
postmaster at exideuk.co.uk
<mailto:postmaster at exideuk.co.uk> and then delete this message.

Exide Technologies is an industrial and transportation battery
producer and recycler with operations in 89 countries.
Further information can be found at www.exide.com