[ros-dev] Team work

Lucio Diaz reactos_translate at yahoo.es
Mon Oct 17 00:16:28 CEST 2005

Jason Filby wrote:

Message: 5
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 09:04:49 -0600
From: Jason Filby <jason.filby at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ros-dev] Break
To: ReactOS Development List <ros-dev at reactos.org>
That doesn't seem to tie in with people leaving if
they're not told
that they are right.
Regards
Jason
On 10/15/05, Royce Mitchell III <royce3 at ev1.net>
wrote:
> Would you be so kind as to at least commit your
work-in-progress code
> a branch, please?

------------------------------
Message: 6
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 09:06:56 -0600
From: Jason Filby <jason.filby at gmail.com>
To: ReactOS Development List <ros-dev at reactos.org>
On 10/15/05, James Tabor
<jimtabor at adsl-64-217-116-74.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net>
wrote:
> TC was voted for and I consider it closed business.
Wax has the job
deal
> with it!
Mostly on IRC! That's not the way we've agreed to do
things.
> I'm not against you. Just because some of us miss
the Memo does not
make them right!
Well excuse me.
> Before anyone complains, they should open their
minds and read what
Alex
> has to say.
Right, and Alex is a great listener.
Jason

say?

First:
I have seen Alex Ionescu apologicing, often, so yes,
drop IRONY, Alex is a great listener, and NO! it is
not easy to find people who would apologice nowadays.

Second:
I saw the loss of focus in this proyect for a long
time, with the largely delayed 0.3.0, and it have
being people like Alex, Filip, Ge, Waxdragon, Tabor...
who took the torch and carried the proyect for a full
year.

Third:
I have seen Alex Ionescu as the one in the center of
all discusions, and he could be fast to answer, but he
proved to be as fast to apologice, and that i have not
seen from some other developers.

Four:
It IS NORMAL, to have discussions where you are
working in such a big proyect, not everyone can have
the same vision of a whole OS, but what have NO sense,
is to harass people for doing their work well, just
cause there is not a F* paper about their "election".

Fith:
I thought this was an open source project, so people
commit if they want, if they dont they dont, period.
Harassing people wont grow the developer base.

I have been following this proyect before 0.2 was
released, i even submited some documentation and i
wonder if i have been wasting my time. Sorry if i look
a bit angry, but i AM a bit angry as i see several
good developers force to leave for this kind of
avoidable situations even if i can not (but wish) help
with code.

Good luck,

Lucio Diaz-Flores Varela.