[ros-dev] Gudie Lines for SVN Write access

Rick Langschultz rlangschultz at cox.net
Sun Oct 16 16:29:31 CEST 2005

This is what we do in our environment:
we have a web page where a user can upload their patches via diffs
or .zip or .tar or .tar.gz files. These files are then unzipped,
untared, etc. then put into a development binary by a release
coordinator and a testing coordinator they build the binary and
distribute a testing release of the program. If more problems occur
when the patched binaries are commited they are thrown out of the
binary and put into an "efforts" folder to be evaluated later down
the development line. Just a thought... Would react have enough space
to do this???
On Oct 15, 2005, at 5:01 PM, Magnus Olsen wrote:

> Hi I should love to see some new gudieles
> how to get svn access. Today it seam anyone
> that provide with a patch that is coder can
> getting svn access. But I think we need
> start think how we should handle it,
> Here is some ideas how it can be
> 1. A maling list with patch or in Bugzila
>     I love see a maling list with the patch
>
> 2.  When people have submit the patch
> to us we start examing it see if it any godd
> (we are doning that already)
>
> 3. To get SVN write access u need lest
> provide patch in regual basic under
> 6 month lest, Then after 6 month the provider
> can write to mailing list see if can getting
> SVN write access before he grant SVN
> write access, the full name and mailing
> address must be provided, and we should
> have a vote if that provder can getting
> SVN write access. no accpect from  all
> this rules.
>
> Yestday some was granted svn access
> his name was not on the mailing list
> why he got one, he did not write either
> on the mailing list asking for svn access
> that why I want see new guide lines how
> svn write access handles. so every one
> know how he is and why he was granted
> to be granted after few patcher are not