[ros-dev] A call for 0.2.8 (Pic of Mozilla)

Wesley Parish wes.parish at paradise.net.nz
Fri Oct 14 12:06:38 CEST 2005

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 11:50, Richard Campbell wrote:
> Murphy, Ged (Bolton) wrote:
> >Richard Campbell wrote:
> >>But how WELL does mozilla work with it?  Well enough we could include it
> >>with 0.2.8?
> >
> >No, it's still full of bugs.
> >Mozilla won't be included anyway, it's a 3rd party app.
> >
> >Ged.
>
> Normally i'd take this hardline stance on 3rd party apps, but if we say,
> ship firefox with ReactOS 0.3, we'd raise a lot of eyebrows.  Suddenly
> this puny operating system that crashes all the time and isn't
> compatible with much of anything is running several complex, everyday apps.

I was thinking something similar about including MinGW.  Once a full
self-compiling/development system is set up - MinGW+ReactOS source and
binaries - in an iso image, you're saying, "that's what it's for, just do
it!"

That's the sort of confidence created by the early Linux distros.
<snip>

Wesley Parish
-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?