[ros-dev] A call for 0.2.8

Magnus Olsen magnus at itkonsult-olsen.com
Tue Oct 11 18:24:39 CEST 2005

I do not think it good idea for 0.2.8
winquake works, But not Quake2 any longer in ros, last time I try it.
But we manger getting other software working in ros. Before any new relase
ros I would like see this being fix. Another fix I wold like see is the
Diablo 2 installer crash
being fix. it is same crash as StarCraft got.  I know GvG and Filip are
aware this problem
and GvG need think how to fix Diablo 2 and StarCaft  Installer. it is
releate to DIB create.
The Quake2 problem iI do not know excaly  why it freze, and I ´not going to
check it any
fututer  what the oroblem lies. I have not check the Unreal Turment or
Tribles if they are still
working,   DrFred reportetd CS does not crash if it does not found right
ressoltion, as it did
before, it was releate to a bug in win32k  ntddraw code (directdraw),

I am against any new release until we got 0.3.0 roadmap inplace. I  alot of
people do not
want see a 0.2.x release. The are waiting on 0.3.0. For the network.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "WaxDragon" <waxdragon at gmail.com>
To: "ReactOS Development List" <ros-dev at reactos.com>
Sent: den 11 October 2005 17:48
Subject: [ros-dev] A call for 0.2.8

> I know how most of the devs feel about releases, but I think it's time
> to branch 0.2.8.
> After a period of instability, trunk is now showing stability.  GvG
> and Ged reported surprising stability from the LinuxWorld demo builds,
> I personally had favorable results from my September State of the Repo
> tests.  Last night I was able to build a ReactOS bootcd under r18404,
> and then take that bootcd and install it under qemu, under ROS!
> Gunnar's win32k changes have had some time to bake in and seem ok*.
> There have been approximately 1800 commits since 0.2.7, and I want
> those changes to get some general use..
> I don't want to *release* now, but I want to tag the branch now, and
> maybe release in two weeks (which would make three months sine 0.2.7).
>  Putting out an RC1 would give the codebase exposure to the general
> public, who may find problems we as devs overlook.  This will also
> give devs and testers a change to focus on some of the big issues I
> see at the moment, *like this mysterious hang we see on shutdown.
> Also, those who wish to move forward can do so, even breaking /
> destabilising the tree.
> Giving us two or three weeks for testing release canidates will also
> allow for the PnP/USB and ws2_32 work to be merged in before the
> release.
> WD
> --
> <arty> don't question it ... it's clearly an optimization
> _______________________________________________
> Ros-dev mailing list
> Ros-dev at reactos.org
> http://www.reactos.org/mailman/listinfo/ros-dev
> -- 
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
> Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.11.13/126 - Release Date:

More information about the Ros-dev mailing list