[ros-dev] Re: [ros-diffs] [ion] 14047: Dispatching & Queue Rewrite II:

Jason Filby jason.filby at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 19:59:47 CET 2005

Hi guys

Due to the nature of the project, ReactOS is a legal minefield. It is
easy (and almost required) to point fingers and its also natural to
get offended at too much finger pointing. But we need to handle this a
lot better.

1) Until someone acts to prove differently, assume everyone is acting
in good faith and wants to help
2) Respect that others in the project have the right to query in
origins of your code (comes with the 'legal minefield' territory)
3) Separate the 'work' from the 'person' as much as possible during
this type of debate; its shouldn't have to get personal!

I realize that a lot of this is my fault; the IP paper is not yet
published - I'll rectify this shortly. When there are grey areas we
need to decide how we're going to act and publish this in the IP
paper.

We can't expect more proof from some committers than others; we must
decide on the guidelines for all developers and judge everyone
according to the same standard.

Regards
Jason