Problem installing ReactOS

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

uditag

Problem installing ReactOS

Post by uditag » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:27 pm

Hi,

I am trying to install ReactOS for the first time.

My first Attempt was on a Pentium D, Intel DG31PR motherboard, SATA DVD drive, a 4GB IDE Flash (DOM). The system installed just fine, however, the interface was a bit rusty. Like the explorer would show some folders as files, even though they were folders. Mostly this would happen when we move somewhat down the heirarchy tree in a particular directory structure.
Also, almost none of the motherbaord drivers installed properly, i tried both, using the automatic hardware found popup wizard and giving it the location of drivers ont he driver CD, and then i tried browsing to the driver CD concerned file and clicking on the concerned setup files.
Besides, even the drivers did not installed, the device manager did not have any uninstalled devices thing, as we have in the windows.

Well, since the documentation says, that there is still some issues with multi-core processors, so I decide to change my test PC to an Intel Atom based system. This was a Intel Atom 945GCLF mothrebaord which has a Atom 270 processor. I used a 1GB DDR2 RAM (i think it is 533MHz, though i will have to recheck that), 4GB Flash DOM as above and a SATA CD ROM drive. However, this time, when I tried to boot from my ReactOS installation CD, it did not even boot. It said, press any key to boot from CD, i pressed a key, and then nothing happens. The BIOS recognizes my CD drive as a ATAPI drive. I have used IDE in legacy mode. Please note that the mainboard uses a ICH7 based IO controller.

Please suggest if you guys have any suggestion as to what might be wrong. I want to install React OS on the Intel Atom 945GCLF mainboard (as it is very easily available also)

EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Problem installing ReactOS

Post by EmuandCo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:33 pm

To be able to help you, read this and do as it suggests. http://reactos.org/wiki/Debugging

Thx
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.