Amd and via processors?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

yoshiki2

Amd and via processors?

Post by yoshiki2 »

Are they supported?
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Amd and via processors?

Post by EmuandCo »

Why should they be not? Both companies fully support the i686 Architecture and that's what ROS is built for.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes
RaptorEmperor

Post by RaptorEmperor »

EmuandCo wrote:Why should they be not? Both companies fully support the i686 Architecture and that's what ROS is built for.
He might be referring to instruction sets specific to certain processors, such as MMX and 3DNow! (Though those are older examples.)
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

OSes generally don't use those extensions. And keep in mind that applications included with an OS or a framework included in an OS is not part of the operating system per se.
RaptorEmperor

Post by RaptorEmperor »

Z98 wrote:OSes generally don't use those extensions. And keep in mind that applications included with an OS or a framework included in an OS is not part of the operating system per se.
I wasn't quite sure of where extensions fit in, so thanks for clarifying for me. :)
Yaraslau

Post by Yaraslau »

RaptorEmperor wrote:I wasn't quite sure of where extensions fit in, so thanks for clarifying for me. :)
If I'm not mistaken, SSE, SSE2 and so on can be used for 3D graphics rendering, video editing and photo editing...etc.