Contributions to the Development

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

lakehousetech

Contributions to the Development

Post by lakehousetech »

Hello All,
I'm brand new to the forums, as I just recently discovered ReactOS while doing some research. I am very excited about the focus and direction the project has. I would like to contribute to the project once I get a spare computer to run the OS on. Anything from graphics to testing for bugs to some coding....I'm happy to assist. Pleased to meet everyone!
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Glad to see a new face, i hope you wont get bored too soon:>

You should join #reactos irc channel on irc.freenode.net and ask all your questions there. It will be faster than asking and waiting for answers here.
lakehousetech

Post by lakehousetech »

Thanks....I'm there.
lakehousetech

Post by lakehousetech »

I take that back. So far have gotten a lovely response from Ged. Perhaps he is just the sensitive type? I think I hurt his feelings. Well, either way I'll probably get banned before I get a chance to make any contributions.
preston
Developer

Post by preston »

you can help in many ways. testing - join #reactos-testing for more info, fixing sytuff - check our bugzilla
or implementing stuff - most of the code is written in C with some exceptions in favou of C++. if you wanna get a grasp of the repository layout you can check SVN web interface.

for additional info use the search function as I believe this topic was discussed earlier.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Picking on developers and using cheap shots on ROS alpha time is not going to get you any respect here. Quite the reverse, i daresay. Either change you attitude, or change project...
lakehousetech

Post by lakehousetech »

@Haos, I wouldn't call it a cheap shot considering that it was in response to the rude response I received from him. I've made an attempt to end this flaming with Ged, so if we can drop it and start over it would be good I think. Still, there shouldn't be any issue with people speaking they're minds in here within reasonable constraints.
preston
Developer

Post by preston »

don't take it too seriously.. this project is supposed to be fun :-)
lakehousetech

Post by lakehousetech »

Ha! Hackles is awesome!
oiaohm

Post by oiaohm »

You have to really work hard to get banned from the irc channel.

So far I have only managed that 4 times. I am still allowed back in.

Everyone has a dispute with a developer at different times. Just a long as it does not develop into nice case of bad blood I have with 1 developer.

Ged will let live. As long as you show him fair respect everything will be good again lakehousetech. He not one to hold a grudge.

Note to the wise Ged also is not exactly rude. Depending on the day he is having he can be massively blunt. Good day everything worded nice.

Its something you just have to learn to put up with lakehousetech some days a developer might be the nicest person you have ever met. The next day same kind of mistake bite you head off. There are many factors some can be the person they were talking to before you.