Cool!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

geek3

Cool!

Post by geek3 »

I found this the other and and i will probably completely switch to this when xp dies out. but i think this is cool cause it is unlike Linux cause it supports win apps and drivers but i was wonder if it was possible to eventuality support intel or uniersal binary mac apps?

linuxgx

Post by linuxgx »

:? I just hope we don't die with the transition to 64bit.

If we did make the move, I'd want a co-32/64 kernel, none of this emulation crap vista64/xp64 try pulling off.

I do though what optional emulation of 64bit on top of x86 ReactOS, so that older pc will be able to run newer applications. Note I said run, not run well.

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Blackcrack, tell us for what do you need 64bit support right now? Details pls.

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Code: Select all

us ?? sorry, you more as one person.. you on the haven ??
US. As you haven't apparently noticed, this is a public forum. This means that when you post into a thread, more people can read this than just you and me.
do you not know what it 64bit supporting on AMD and Intel hardware
Yes I do.
64bit and duble/quad or more core CPU support...
This is not what i asked you. So let me repeat my question, rephrased a bit so its easier to grasp.

What do YOU (i mean Blackcrack personally) need 64bit architecture support in OS. Tell us what use, task, application or project puts you in need of 64bit in this very moment (or in near future).
also, for what i need a
64Bit Hardware System.. Grafic and Rendering
Please be more precise. What application?
every negative.. bahh.
start with a look at to think, buddy
and try to play with the ideas..
play and dream is the start to new land
<CUT>

BAH. I can't take this crap any longer. Spare me this shit please... I am a man of simple words. If you have any idea, great. Mumbling about this "playing with ideas" means nothing. Please get to the point and stick to it.
or shold i go to Microsoft to adopt the ideas and you mus get manny munny for a f...ing System ??
I cannot of course be sure of understading your posts (in fact i`m only sure that NO ONE really gets it), but this sounds like a lame blackmail. Humorous... really...
and now, to you have you anser, i have a 64bit duble core of Amd
4000Meg Ram and a 500Gig hdd
You can adress 4gig of ram in 32bit system using PAE.

cppm

Post by cppm »

this isn't the thread for the 64 bit discussion

I'm going to quote what's said here in that thread, as i feel this hijacking for some personal war is inappropriate

Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

right, sorry....

z180

Post by z180 »

If someone wants running PPC macOSX binaries on the fresh air,
the NeXT step is getting NetBSD. It supports running text mode
and X11 mode programs but can not run the native windowing system.

Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

Blackcrack wrote:O.T.
Stop replacing all your posts with OT, it messes the threads up.
If you continue to do so, I'll remove your right to edit posts.

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

I cleaned the Topic off this edited ones. BlackCrack, you can remove your posts, too.

Ged. This is possible??
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

hefner

Post by hefner »

EmandoCo , this is not the first time that BC destructs a tread by talking nonsense and delete these later

... you know my mind on this and him ... none of the regular users should have rights to edit answered posts.

i mean, please dont support this doing

etko

Post by etko »

Only app I see using 64 bits to the fullest, eg 8 GB RAM, could be Blender and maybe GIMP, mysql server and apache with some nifty cache. Am I naive?

SdC

Post by SdC »

etko wrote:Only app I see using 64 bits to the fullest, eg 8 GB RAM, could be Blender and maybe GIMP, mysql server and apache with some nifty cache. Am I naive?
64 bit is not just about a wider address bus (=more RAM) but also much much much faster floating point calculations, so any math intensive app benefits greatly: compression/decompression (=not just zipping but also multimedia codecs), image processing and rendering (=any imaging program, why do you just mention GNU apps?), simulations (=anything from chemical modelling to games)

etko

Post by etko »

Because those are already 64 bit as far as I know, but I may be wrong. I am sure that there is no 64 bit 3DS MAX, so far. There is photoshope probably, but not sure about that. Plus I think it will take ages to convert current prop apps to 64 bit, and I am sure some won't even make it all right to other side. And besides we all love FOSS don't we?

fzerox

Post by fzerox »

I dont see the problem ... 64 bit processers can run 32 bit os's , plus ROS wouldnt see any benifit of switching to 64 bit atm.

TBH i see the cell processor being the next big thing. T.V with cells that can help cell computers with their workload yikes

GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

it is huge diffent

1. huge speed diffent
2. more memory easy access.