[video]PSP ReactOS

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

manatails007

[video]PSP ReactOS

Post by manatails007 »

my work.
watch video
not very surprising, It's just a lua work
download: will provide later

forart

Post by forart »

:o

...and what about Haiku ?
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.

linuxgx

Post by linuxgx »

Is it lua, or Bochs?

Because if it is lua, let me barrow the boot screen and and do it the correct way.

betaluva

Post by betaluva »

what is lua?

manatails007

lua

Post by manatails007 »

lua is a programming language

betaluva

Post by betaluva »

so you wrote a psp boot loader for reactos?

kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

DOWNLOAD PLEASE :D

linuxgx

Post by linuxgx »

Nope, he wrote a shell that looks like Ros using a script language similar to that of Basic called lua. Its all an Image based simulation that cant run any win32 bit applications.

I'm actually one of the developers of the LUA compiler and Interrupter for the PSP and while I support lua's development. This is totally useless and would have been much better used in compiling Ros as an embedded platform for the psp with the function of running 32 bit application quite quickly.

It wouldn't take much extra work to compile Ros for the pair of 32bit 333Mhz R4k-based ARM processors that the psp runs on. Not to mention the 32/64 mb (Phat 32mb / Slim 64mb) of generic system ram along with the 4mb of dram (2mb catch for each cpu) that the psp contains.

On the upside I would like to see what you have developed as it must have taken a great deal of time to develop a full clone of Ros

kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

Thanks but i knew it wasn't really a working OS. But it would be REALLY AWESOME to port it to the PSP

Does anyone know how? Since it says it's easy, who can?

manatails007

Post by manatails007 »

linuxgx wrote: It wouldn't take much extra work to compile Ros for the pair of 32bit 333Mhz R4k-based ARM processors that the psp runs on. Not to mention the 32/64 mb (Phat 32mb / Slim 64mb) of generic system ram along with the 4mb of dram (2mb catch for each cpu) that the psp contains.
linuxgx, PSP uses mips processor, not ARM

linuxgx

Post by linuxgx »

:shock: It seems your are right, though its build on a very similar priniple, so much so that most programs built for arm will run on mips.

For example the is a JVM that was meant to run on a nokia that was natively port to the psp's arm cpu. The point of the matter is the cpu is 32bit based, and only need slight modification, similar to those used to run linux on the psp. For reactos to run correctly.

cppm

Post by cppm »

It wouldn't take much extra work to compile Ros for the pair of 32bit 333Mhz R4k-based ARM processors that the psp runs on. Not to mention the 32/64 mb (Phat 32mb / Slim 64mb) of generic system ram along with the 4mb of dram (2mb catch for each cpu) that the psp contains.
Well since ROS is NT based there is no theoretical boundary to gettting it to work for a different architecture (it's designed to not use any particular IA-32 feature, and NT worked on MIPS in the past... i believe), however it's only been working on IA-32 atm (PowerPC port for example doesn't work). And i don't know how much would have to be changed in order to get it to actually work rather than just compile.

FlyingIsFun1217

Post by FlyingIsFun1217 »

Let's just focus on getting it as binary-compatible with Windows stuff as possible first :)

FlyingIsFun1217

linuxgx

Post by linuxgx »

I'm glad at the intrest in this subject.

I'm not sure how well the wine compatablity layer would function though on a MIPs CPU. Anyone wish to share their thoughts on this subject?

SdC

Post by SdC »

You might be able to get wineserver compiled/running in a mips Linux distro, but you'd also need to recompile any Windows x86 application that you want to run inside Wine with a MIPS compiler... that might prove much much much more difficult.