Accessing the internet from the Live CD?

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

fireworld2406

Accessing the internet from the Live CD?

Post by fireworld2406 »

Hi!
I have a laptop without a hard drive, and I decided to try ReactOS. It has S3 Integrated Graphics, 512 MB RAM, 1.6 GHZ AMD Sempron processor. I was wondering how to access the internet from the ReactOS 0.33 LiveCD as it has no internet browser included.
As a side note, I tried the latest build from the SVN, and neither the keyboard or mouse was functional.
Thanks for your help.

Guennie1568

Post by Guennie1568 »

ReactOS has no native Network support yet, but you can try to load or install it on a virtual machine. So you have internet with the ROS explorer or firefox
Guennie1568
ROS-Fan und X2Pandora Audioeditor

Radhad

Post by Radhad »

That's wrong, ReactOS supports only one or two network cards. The network stack works fine. QEMU, VMware or VirtualBox use network card emulations which the driver supports. You must use DHCP in your network because you are not able to configure the network card settings within ReactOS.

Guennie1568

Post by Guennie1568 »

Radhad wrote:That's wrong, ReactOS supports only one or two network cards. The network stack works fine. QEMU, VMware or VirtualBox use network card emulations which the driver supports. You must use DHCP in your network because you are not able to configure the network card settings within ReactOS.
Oh :o, that's new for me. What NT card does work at the moment? I have an old RTL 8139D PCI card and a new RTL 8185 WLAN PCI card. Can those work with DHCP?
Guennie1568
ROS-Fan und X2Pandora Audioeditor

FlyingIsFun1217

Post by FlyingIsFun1217 »

Wireless definitely doesn't work, but I'm not sure about the Ethernet cards ROS supports... :/

FlyingIsFun1217

tomleem

Ethernet Connected USB Powered Wifi Adapter?

Post by tomleem »

I have seen an wifi adapter that connects to the ethernet port and is powered by the USB port that works with OS/2-eCS with no special drivers. If there are ethernet drivers that work with ROS, it could be used? :?: :idea:
http://www.google.com/products?q=ethern ... h+Products
8)
Tom Lee M / BigGoofyGuy