Network Connection in VB

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Louis

Network Connection in VB

Post by Louis »

Hi
I've installed ReactOS 3.1 in VirtualBox 1.4 on Ubuntu 7.04.
It works fine, but I can't connect to the internet.
I've looked in the Preferences and the network-connection is Enabled.
Thanks if someone can help :)
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

with VirtualBox you are you own.

VirtualBox is worst emulator I try. it did manger sink my windows so it will never be in my windows again.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Umm, you'll need to excuse GreatLord. He's developed a hate for VB. Bear in mind VB wouldn't even run ReactOS for quite some time, so most of us ended up ignoring it since we couldn't use it to test, so few of us have any experience with it.
Reacter

Post by Reacter »

Last I knew, it didn't even boot Nt4, let alone ROS.
More ReactOS, please!
aicommander
Developer

Re: Network Connection in VB

Post by aicommander »

Louis wrote:Hi
I've installed ReactOS 3.1 in VirtualBox 1.4 on Ubuntu 7.04.
It works fine, but I can't connect to the internet.
I've looked in the Preferences and the network-connection is Enabled.
Thanks if someone can help :)
Wait, you got it to boot on VirtualBox? Wow.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

lol... Is this a joke of some sort? I have Vista and ReactOS running fine on VirtualBox (though the network drivers for virtual box do not work on ReactOS so as said no networking) along with all of my really old VMWare virtual machines.

That being said, i still like VMware for a few of its features, but VirtualBox seems to be covered up by biased opinions. I know GreatLord had bad expeirences, but to be honest, i couldn't have found an application that worked smoother than it... VMware and Qemu have an especially bad time with Vista, While it seems VirtualBox has a smooth pointer and way less random streaks of extra speed and slowness.

Using VirtualBox OSE on my Gentoo PC has worked very well - If they had DirectX acceleration, i would, for the first time, not have to open up VMware so often... I know, VMware is good, but i can't stand the smoothness issues with Vista, especially considering the power of my computer (which happens to support hardware accelerated virtualization, as its an Intel Core 2 Duo -- whether or not either virtualization solution supports it)

Back on topic... Your not gonna get it working, atleast not with out some ReactOS code modifications. As long as you tried to manually install the drivers and it failed, then that stands. If not, you can look back a few posts where a user has asked how to do this.
Programmers: Help us put Vista graphics drivers on Linux! The WDOL Project Homepage
haichen

virtualbox 1.5

Post by haichen »

Works now on winXP. I`ve installed the last 0.33RC and bootcd28808 without problems.
TheEyes

Post by TheEyes »

Everting is fine in VirtualBox, but the Ethernet Drivers do not work. Try upgrading through XP.
GoBusto

Post by GoBusto »

Please don't bump two year old threads.