ReactOS LiveCD freezes on React image

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

zerbo

ReactOS LiveCD freezes on React image

Post by zerbo » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:04 pm

Hi

I'm a newbie here, not sure if im doing something wrong though as I have downloaded the latest iso, version of the LiveCD v.0.3.1.

When I try and boot it either using Virtual Machine or bu burning it to a CD then booting it on my PC (P4 processor) it seems to start up ok but when you get the ReactOS booting screen it seems to freeze.

Also I have downloaded and tried older versions which work ok, namely v0.2.9 and v0.3.0. But I would really like to try and get o.3.1 as it seems to have a lot of improvments. I just dont know what im doing wrong??

Can any one help me?

PeterK

Re: ReactOS LiveCD freezes on React image

Post by PeterK » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:33 pm

zerbo wrote:When I try and boot it either using Virtual Machine or bu burning it to a CD then booting it on my PC (P4 processor) it seems to start up ok but when you get the ReactOS booting screen it seems to freeze.

Also I have downloaded and tried older versions which work ok, namely v0.2.9 and v0.3.0. But I would really like to try and get o.3.1 as it seems to have a lot of improvments. I just dont know what im doing wrong??
If You just want to take a look on 0.3.1 please try
"Preloaded on a VMware virtual machine"
from http://www.reactos.org/de/download.html
(Did You do that ? Or did You use another virtual machine previously installed on Your PC ?)

To start simply click on boot.bat

Due to several reasons 0.3.1 does not work on all real hardware.

If You want to install BootCD please be careful - format may destroy Your partition table. Please try it only on a empty HD.

Thanks, Peter.

zerbo

Post by zerbo » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:49 pm

I have tried the QEMU image already. And I thought that it was quite good, kind of intrigued thought I would play about with the LiveCD, but if it doesn't work,. not much chacne of that.

Might be an idea to take the Live CD download down until it dows work on atual hardware.

What is the atual issue with the liveCD?

PeterK

Post by PeterK » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:29 pm

zerbo wrote:Might be an idea to take the Live CD download down until it dows work on atual hardware.
Devs should decide - on some computers it works ..
zerbo wrote:What is the atual issue with the liveCD?
I don't know exactly. On my DELL PC I expect the problem to be that LiveCD does use the VBE graphic driver - unfortunately it is hardcoded, I can't choose. And my graphic chip does not work with this VESA driver. With BootCD I have to choose VGA instead of higher resolutions to make it work.

I today have tested the preinstalled Qemu ZIP (never did this before ..). I think it's a better way for users to see how it works. Real hardware support is still under development.

Thanks,
Peter

dj1985

Post by dj1985 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:48 pm

I have the same Problem reactos freezes on boot. :( On my real PC

If i Press the NUM key the light does not flash... -> System hangs totaly. :oops: :cry:

The QEMU Version runs fine...

But i want a version that can boots on my real pc ;)

hto
Developer

Post by hto » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:18 am

But i want a version that can boots on my real pc
http://svn.reactos.org/iso/

Could you please test the latest (26160) svn build?

dj1985

Post by dj1985 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:24 am

Ok, Thx i will try it. :)

You mean the livecd-26160-rel.7z ?

dj1985

Post by dj1985 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:51 am

I have tried this file.
livecd-26160-rel.7z

But it doesn´t run too. :(

The pc boots from CD... Than the monitor is black...

And than comes an error Message from my Monitor

"ACHTUNG
23k / 0Hz
Frequenz ausserhalb des Bereichs" :(

And than the PC freezes again. :(