Does ROS run BOINC.

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Palomar Jack

Does ROS run BOINC.

Post by Palomar Jack »

And, SETI @ Home in particular. If so, is it faster than under Windows. If no one knows, maybe I'll give it a try. But, I need to be able to access my broadband connection through my LAN. And there is the problem. My NIC does not have a Win XP driver, it's provided by XPs driver cache. It's a Realtek RTL8139 chipset. Will other Windows drivers like from Win 2K work instead?

Matthias

Post by Matthias »

There are instructions on the RTL8139 chipset available: http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/Realtek_8139
Drivers are also available:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dow ... tware=True

Palomar Jack

Post by Palomar Jack »

Excellent.

I'm going to go looking for another cheap PIII or Thunderbird, install ROS on it and see if BOINC with run on it. I don't know when, but I'll report back, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Also, ROS is lookin' good. I can hardly wait to see and use the finished product. I think it's going to be a big hit with the DIY and budget minded crowds, besides the people who don't want to pay a huge "royalty" to MS every time they want to build a computer.

Christoph_vW
Developer

Post by Christoph_vW »

Last time I tried it did not work. I already implemented some missing APIs and made some progress but there is still too much missing...

Palomar Jack

Post by Palomar Jack »

Christoph_vW wrote:Last time I tried it did not work. I already implemented some missing APIs and made some progress but there is still too much missing...
Alright, thanks for the info. Save me some time. I'll keep watching for updates, though.