17. April 06 the time, where ROS go forward?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

theuserbl

17. April 06 the time, where ROS go forward?

Post by theuserbl »

On the 27.1.2006 Steven Edwards wrote "Reset, Reboot, Restart, legal issues and the long road to 0.3"
http://www.reactos.org/xhtml/de/news_page_14.html

Today (8.2.2006) this http://www.reactos.org/generated/auditprogress.html
is on 15%.

27.1. 06 + 12 days = 8.2.06

100 / 15 * 12 = 80 days

27.1.06 + 80 days = 17.4.06

That means that the 17. April is the time, where ROS have ended the Audit-progress?

Or ends it later, because the ROS-people looks at first at the unproblematical code and the hard parts come later?

Or end it before, because the ROS-people have not begun on 27.1., they begun later and so they are faster?

What do you think? How long will it need?

Greatings
theuserbl

reub2000

Post by reub2000 »

From what I hear the 15% is the easy to audit code.

Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

The audit hasn't started. The 15% is code that doesn't need to be audited.

cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

BTW, since you (developers) are now discussing on a new private mailing list and not on the old ros-dev list, we (community) don't have any feedback about how active the development is going and what you are doing...

I feel it's a bit boring... The old mailing lists are now empty and the developers are not posting often on the forum....

I don't want to be mean, I understand that you want to have more private discussions.
But could you understand that it's a bit boring for me?

I would appreciate more feedback, if you can.
Maybe a more active newsletter would be cool, more posts in the blogs, some posts in the public mailing list, etc...

Thanks. :oops:

Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

In all honesty, there isn't any activity in the private list either. It's not the case that the private list has taken activity out of ros-dev, the whole project has been dormant for the past few weeks.

The latest news is, we're working towards a new solution right this second.
If this new solution is accepted, the private list will become dormant and normal action will resume in ros-dev :)

If not, we will continue to work towards a solution and something will come out of this eventually, even if it's radical!

cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

ged wrote:In all honesty, there isn't any activity in the private list either. It's not the case that the private list has taken activity out of ros-dev, the whole project has been dormant for the past few weeks.

The latest news is, we're working towards a new solution right this second.
If this new solution is accepted, the private list will become dormant and normal action will resume in ros-dev :)
OK great, that wasn't what I understood by reading the mailing list.

thanks! :wink:

Mrkaras

Post by Mrkaras »

I were going to do a calculation like this, but I were going to add a *2 because it was said in one of the intial threads that it would be fast to start with and slower towards the end. *2 would make the date 6/7/2006

Maby when there is a bit more done, if the dates of progress are recorded sombody could calculate and interpolate the curve. Maby even create a graph!

ThePhysicist
Developer

Post by ThePhysicist »

I am working on a graph, but there hasn't been any activity on svn recently and so there's not much to see. I will post the graph as soon as it's a graph, I mean at least 10 dates with different progress values.