0.2.9 released

ReactOS related news

Moderator: Moderator Team

GvG

0.2.9 released

Post by GvG »

The ReactOS Team is pleased to announce version 0.2.9 of its operating system, designed to be binary compatible with Windows drivers and applications. This release brings improvements to the network model allowing applications such as firefox to run, significant improvements in Plug and Play support now provide a basic working model able to detect and load drivers, plus many other feature additions and bug fixes. We also now provide vmware player images on our download page. The full changelog can be found here, and screenshots are available here.
SpoonmAn

Post by SpoonmAn »

hi, actualy i started the download of reactos 0.2.9 this is the first version i am going to install on my old PIII laptops old (atm not built in) 10gig HDD
i am verry curious to see how this will work...

keep on going guys, windows took 20 years to come to where it now is, if it takes u ten you are twice as good!!!
ScoTTie

Post by ScoTTie »

SpoonmAn wrote:keep on going guys, windows took 20 years to come to where it now is, if it takes u ten you are twice as good!!!
Its much easier to develop something thats already been designed for you, rather than doing it all from the ground up. But im pretty sure that we can all agree that regardless of the time frame, the ReactOS coders are already twice as good ;).
kaczor

Post by kaczor »

any1 can share with me roadmap for this year (2006), i will probably need it for an article. At last pliz tell me +/- date od ReactOS 0.3 :-)
GvG

Post by GvG »

The prediction of the 0.3 release date turns out to be a dangerous one... The original thought was that it would be released by the end of 2004 (yes, not a typo, 2004). Since then we've made a lot of progress in ReactOS, so in some areas we're way past what we originally expected for 0.3, but the blocker for 0.3 (basic TCP/IP networking over Ethernet) still hasn't been cleared, although I think we're getting pretty close.
So, there will probably be another release around the end of February, I hope it's going to be 0.3.0 but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 0.2.10.
kaczor

Post by kaczor »

i get it ... thx for info
Fractal

Post by Fractal »

rock on guys. :)
jtroyer

Link posted at VMware Technology Network

Post by jtroyer »

I'm posting a link to the download page from the VMTN Virtual Machine Center:
http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/vm/community.html

If this is not OK, or if you'd like me to point to a different page, let me know.

Thanks,
John Troyer
jtroyer at vmware
VMTN.net
TOTMS

Re: Link posted at VMware Technology Network

Post by TOTMS »

jtroyer wrote:I'm posting a link to the download page from the VMTN Virtual Machine Center:
http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/vm/community.html

If this is not OK, or if you'd like me to point to a different page, let me know.

Thanks,
John Troyer
jtroyer at vmware
VMTN.net
Hmm, interesting link, kind of like what oszoo used to do for qemu! :D
cysco

Post by cysco »

Good luck and good job. Curently I'm on Indonesian (well knowing country for OS pirates), but with ReactOS, I hope we have a new hope. I will start using ReactOS 0.2.9 and see how its suite my need for developing database software like using Delphi or Kylik using SQL server like MySQL or MSSQL.
billyswong

Post by billyswong »

cysco wrote:Good luck and good job. Curently I'm on Indonesian (well knowing country for OS pirates), but with ReactOS, I hope we have a new hope. I will start using ReactOS 0.2.9 and see how its suite my need for developing database software like using Delphi or Kylik using SQL server like MySQL or MSSQL.
The first page wrote:Please bear in mind that ReactOS is still in alpha stage and is not recommended for everyday use.
Better Wait a year before valuing ROS
Andrewm1986

Post by Andrewm1986 »

It's been over a year since 0.2.9 ...

Any news on future releases
Mrkaras

Post by Mrkaras »

Over a year? the date of release of 0.2.9 was 23/12/2005, it not december yet!

anyway the next version (0.3) will be some time after the audit (after that bar on the front page gets to 100%)
Zapy

Post by Zapy »

where can i download this build? i want to test it on a amd athlon xp 1800+ ( 1500 mhz) with 386 sdram and burners / usb devices / big hdds :)
Mike_PSP

Post by Mike_PSP »

Google it!!!!

8)

The funny thing is that im currently getting a lecture on not using google as a sorce for college reports :roll:

~LOL!!!~