[Bug ?] Set-up issue in virtualbox under windows 7

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

thelazurite

[Bug ?] Set-up issue in virtualbox under windows 7

Post by thelazurite »

(sorry that this was not posted using the bug tracker, I had issues trying to log in to it)
Hello all sorry if this has been posted before but, I noticed an issue which happens to me when attempting to install the operating system under virtual box on a windows computer. The version of virtual box in question is 4.3.10 r93012 on a Windows 7 machine with the latest updates installed. I use a Toshiba L850-1D5 machine with 2.1ghz Intel Pentium processor, 8GB of ram and an Intel 2000 integrated graphics card.

The virtual machine uses the following settings:

Code: Select all

System:
Base Memory: 1024 mb
Chipset: PIIX3
Pointing Device: USB Tablet
Extended feature enabled: I/O AIPC

Processor core:
Extended feature enabled: PAE/NX
The issue itself happens when I attempt to change the locale settings in the setup menu (after restarting from installing the bootloader etc.). After I press "Apply" and "Ok" then press next, I continue to input the details for the administrator account and the host name it then continues the setup by registering components.

Usually, when the bar reaches 100%, it asks the user to download Gecko. However, after changing the Locale settings, the dialog no longer pops up and leaves the progress bar frozen at 100% and leaving you unable to do anything. I have repeated this three times giving me the same results.

I found that the work-around for this is not to attempt to change the locale settings.

hbelusca
Developer

Re: [Bug ?] Set-up issue in virtualbox under windows 7

Post by hbelusca »

Yes, this is an already known bug (I think there already exists some Jira reports for that) :)

Webunny

Re: There are multiple actually

Post by Webunny »

That's indeed an annoying one which had me stuck a lot in the beginning, until I realised I better accept all the 'defaults', and then I could move on.

It would be really good if this would get fixed with 0.4...

thelazurite

Post by thelazurite »

Okay, thank you guys. Sorry for being a pest ^.^

justincase

Post by justincase »

thelazurite wrote:Okay, thank you guys. Sorry for being a pest ^.^
I obviously can't speak for anyone but myself, but I really don't see how you were/are "being a pest".

You experienced an issue with ReactOS, so you tried to post a bug report on the bug tracker. Good.
When you ran into difficulty logging into the bug tracker you came to the forums. Good
When people corroborated that it is in fact a bug, informed you that it was already in the bug tracker, and gave you links to the already-present bug reports you thanked us. Good.

To be honest there's only three things left for you to do:
  • Keep an eye on the appropriate bug report and contribute to it if you can help.
  • Keep testing. (test new versions to see if this bug gets better or worse, report any changes, and [search for and] report any other bugs you come up against).
  • Next time you report a bug, please search first and if already reported make your observations on that report.
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.