Teamviewer

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

xx4all

Teamviewer

Post by xx4all » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:34 am

Have installed ReactOS recently performance and speed is excellent, then we have installed Teamviewer 7 RDP software on ROS, Installation works fine but did not run after installation :( . will it be solved in next update? or is there any other method to run it?

Shade

Re: Teamviewer

Post by Shade » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:56 pm

bug 6163 was filed a while ago for this issue. Depending on the severity of the issue it might not be fixed for some time.

However, if you're up to the task you could help by submitting debug logs for the developers to look over and continue to test it. This may help see at least this particular issue fixed sooner than later.

FWIW, Teamviewer works in wine to an extent (i.e., people can't see your own desktop due to technical limitations inherit in wine). Even the "Linux" version of Teamviewer is just a Windows version with wine distributed with it. The reason I mention this is its a good sign for seeing this program working to some usable extent sooner than later, since ReactOS probably uses the same code from wine that permitted it to function properly using wine alone.

livestrong2109

Post by livestrong2109 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:13 am

Well to be honest the performance and speed of windows 95 is also excellent, and compatibility is almost on pair. :roll:

Yes the project is really starting to make some progress. However I'd like to see what ROS looks like with a more completed Kernel, and an new explore. How ever these are things for another day.
Wesley Howard
ROS Contributor - Web Developer

xx4all

Post by xx4all » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:35 pm

Shad pls. tell me how should i get debug report of programs which does not work on ROS. we are system builder so we do have systems to do some trial and errors. so if you guide me i ll surely let u know what problems we are facing so that ROS Team can rectify asap if its possible. :)

Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:12 pm

http://reactos.org/wiki/Debugging - how to make a debug log :)
http://reactos.org/wiki/VirtualBox#Getting_debug_output - how to do it on VirtualBox (there are guides to other VM SWs on the abovementioned link as well)
or you can read tutorial in my signature, that works too.

There are already multiple people reporting on forums that TeamViewer is not working, yet that bug in Bugzilla is still unconfirmed.