[Official]Testing request to the ReactOS Community

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Z98
Release Engineer

[Official]Testing request to the ReactOS Community

Post by Z98 »

Timo Kreuzer has managed to squash what we believe was a major cause of memory corruption in ReactOS. Internally, that has been considerable angst about whether to bring about the next point release because testers were running into issues caused by corruption a bit more often than the team was comfortable with. With Timo's fix, the team would like to get some feedback as to whether a release is feasible from a regressions perspective. As such, we would like to ask community members to test the GOLDENAPPS and CandidateAPPS listed on http://www.reactos.org/wiki/Testing_Central using revision 58487 of trunk. We are aware that the compatibility database links obviously do not work, but at this point we do not need that level of detail yet. We are primarily interested in seeing if any of the applications that used to work in the list are now broken. Also please note that we specifically chose the versions of the applications listed on that page so do not attempt to use a different version.

Testers are invited to edit the testing central results list, but if there is a change from working to not working or vice versa, please make a note of this in the results table.

Note that builds of the revision can be retrieved here: http://iso.reactos.org/bootcd/bootcd-58487-dbg.7z
milon

Re: Testing request to the community

Post by milon »

Sweet! I'll contribute to this as soon as I have time. Z98, you linked a bootcd image. Was that intentional? I'm asking because I assumed a dbg or dbgwin would have been the build of choice.

EDIT - The Adobe Flash Player 10 download link is broken. There's multiple revisions of version 10, and the Testing page doesn't specify which. Here's a link to the old versions page. I'll let whoever is in the know update the Testing page.
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... sions.html

EDIT 2 - The Opera link is broken too. I can't find any old versions of Opera offered on their site. If the team is comfortable with a download from oldapps.com or something similar, I can update the link.
Last edited by milon on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

Without loss of generality, the images are here: http://www.reactos.org/getbuilds , but he gave this one I think to be sure that people will test only revisions >= 58487, with debug symbols.
milon

Post by milon »

hbelusca wrote:Without loss of generality, the images are here: http://www.reactos.org/getbuilds , but he gave this one I think to be sure that people will test only revisions >= 58487, with debug symbols.
I'm pretty sure he wants ONLY revision 58487 tested, FYI.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Yup please. Test the one Zwabbit is linking.
Victor (aka PR guy, aka Oficial Tester, aka GoldenApps/CandidateApps wikipage governor) :p
Black_Fox

Re: [Official]Testing request to the ReactOS Community

Post by Black_Fox »

Had an hour of free time yesterday, so I've done some tests for 7-zip, Notepad Lite and VLC. Come on people, let's test some more!
Zc456

Post by Zc456 »

I shall give it a shot!
Stay frosty, Tony Bark.
Pesho

Post by Pesho »

Also, when done testing, please don't forget to include the last tested revision (58487) in the wiki tables, so that everyone can see which apps haven't been tested yet.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

@Vic: Can we add another columnt with latest TESTED revision? The latest working revision is surely useful, but it tends to confuse.
milon

Post by milon »

milon wrote:Z98, you linked a bootcd image. Was that intentional? I'm asking because I assumed a dbg or dbgwin would have been the build of choice.
-_-
I was braindead when I wrote that. I read it as "LiveCD". BootCD makes sense. I did a few tests and updated the Testing Central.

Testing Central Issues:
1) The Adobe Reader 7.1 PDF test link (http://narod.ru/disk/31646932001/100-ty ... y.pdf.html) no longer has the PDF. According to Google Translate, it's expired. Is there a preferred PDF test file?
2) The SciTE link is for a source file. Is there a preferred compiling method? Or am I just really confused?
Jedi-to-be

Post by Jedi-to-be »

WinRAR is also need to be tested. Total Commander 8 too
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

I can see that somebody tested Adobe Flash Player and filled out the last WORKING revision column. If it doesn't work, leave the previous revision that WORKED in that column, please :) It's not for last tested revision.
milon

Post by milon »

Black_Fox, I hear what you're saying. Here's what Z98 said:
Z98 wrote:...We are primarily interested in seeing if any of the applications that used to work in the list are now broken... Testers are invited to edit the testing central results list, but if there is a change from working to not working or vice versa, please make a note of this in the results table.
It sounds like we're supposed to update the table for 58487 and mention anything that breaks. Is there a better place to not regressions? (I'm asking anyone who actually knows.) And you can still see what last worked by looking at the page history (extra work, I know).
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

milon wrote:Black_Fox, I hear what you're saying. Here's what Z98 said:
Z98 wrote:...We are primarily interested in seeing if any of the applications that used to work in the list are now broken... Testers are invited to edit the testing central results list, but if there is a change from working to not working or vice versa, please make a note of this in the results table.
It sounds like we're supposed to update the table for 58487 and mention anything that breaks. Is there a better place to not regressions? (I'm asking anyone who actually knows.) And you can still see what last worked by looking at the page history (extra work, I know).
In the same Testing Central page, there is a Regressions table :)
milon

Post by milon »

Well, so there is. :oops:
Anyway, the Flash Player update was done back in November 2011, and it only a change to the description of the failure. It seems we haven't ever had a working revision for Flash Player in Testing Central's Golden Apps.

EDIT - In my testing, I've noticed that sometimes the window on top (the one I'm working with) isn't colored as the Active window. Also, I had Task Manager running with Always On Top checked, and when a new window opened, it covered Task Manager. I searched "active focus window" in Jira, without quotes, for CORE bugs that are Open, In Progress, or Reopened, and I didn't find anything related. Is anyone else seeing this behavior? It's not consistent, but only happens occasionally.

EDIT 2 - After testing various browsers and plugins, the system locked up. I rebooted it (VBox) and mouse integration no longer worked. Weird. Anyone ever experience this?