Anyone else getting a feeling that something good is up..?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

livestrong2109

Anyone else getting a feeling that something good is up..?

Post by livestrong2109 »

- fireball is making a new web site AND some big announcement about ARWINSS
- AmineKhaldi made ROS BE compatible with VS
- now this cooperation news from vicmarcal
- Plus there have been several Commits to the ARM Mem Manager very recently

Vicmarcal is being very cryptic with me about this last one...
Wesley Howard
ROS Contributor - Web Developer
vicmarcal
Test Team

Re: Anyone else getting a feeling that something good is up.

Post by vicmarcal »

Yes, something big is up...slowly but steady a Great community is growing around ReactOS!
With Great I mean that the Community is losing fear and it's actively helping and pushing ReactOS forward :) During the last year several guys from ReactOS Forum has jumped into testing,designing, reporting, translating,creating videotutorials and even developing!.Developing for ReactOS is not just coding ReactOS itself, but also creating side-by-side projects and having initiative.

Btw, there is a great new that you didnt talk about:
http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic. ... all#p98426
It could be a great PR opportunity to contact new skilled devs.
Dave3434

Post by Dave3434 »

i'm reading this forum while listening to windows xp install music i know once reactos is done, i'll feel right at home i miss xp and all it's glory. thanks reactos for all your hard work
wildschwein

Post by wildschwein »

Yeah...i can understand you, Dave3434, all things work fine in XP, and i want to keep it, because it's fast, lean and works.
Linux is also interesting but it's like "cancer" everytime unstoppable growing in fifty directions.

I am sure that ROS is on its unstoppable triumphal procession arround the world - doesn't matter if the "big" break-even comes in two or five years.
And i am looking forward to see the ditched facial features of Managers, Politicians and other government members in several countries - who must admitt, that the personal computer of Joe Public is no longer controllable - Joe Public is independent and free and can use "old hardware" and "old software" as long he wants...
wildschwein

Post by wildschwein »

Something else: For those who haven't time and knowledge to help - there is another possiblity - "Push the Donation O'Meter in direction of the 30 000" :-)
I did it too just last week....