Newsletter Please

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ruic

Newsletter Please

Post by ruic »

Could we have an new newsletter? :cry:
Saibamen

Re: Newsletter Please

Post by Saibamen »

+1 ;)
ReactOS Forum Global Moderator
IT-Maniak.pl administrator
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

Yesterday we held the December + January meeting. The newsletter will be released soon (depending on the availability of its writer, Z98).
livestrong2109

Post by livestrong2109 »

It's always Z98... bud do yourself a favor and recrute someone to do these!
Wesley Howard
ROS Contributor - Web Developer
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Why should we? Z98 does a great job with the newsletters. And if he has some real life, do youself a favor and grant him the time he needs.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

EmuandCo wrote:Why should we? Z98 does a great job with the newsletters. And if he has some real life, do youself a favor and grant him the time he needs.
Well I think this links with the idea of having the Blogging system in the new site.
People just wants some "official" updates from time to time(Meeting, New screenshots, Interviews, etc...) while Z98 has plety time to create his wonderful but incredible time-consuming newsletters.
Dreimi, would you join the Blogging staff dropping some info or screenshots from time to time?:D
fred02

Post by fred02 »

livestrong2109 wrote:It's always Z98... bud do yourself a favor and recrute someone to do these!
Care to volunteer? ;)
livestrong2109

Post by livestrong2109 »

I would but my relationship with the team is somewhat complicated. If the team asked me to do a newsletter I'd be more than glad to do so, I read all the commit logs and lurk in the IRC most of the week, so it wouldn't be a stretch for me to write a few. I'll leave it up to Z98 though he can bring it up with Aleksey.
Wesley Howard
ROS Contributor - Web Developer
fred02

Post by fred02 »

livestrong2109 wrote:If the team asked me to do a newsletter I'd be more than glad to do so
Have you tried to write one and send it to Z98 or fireball for approval/corrections? No need for it to be as long and detailed (and rare :roll: ) as Z98's ones.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

fred02 wrote:
livestrong2109 wrote:If the team asked me to do a newsletter I'd be more than glad to do so
Have you tried to write one and send it to Z98 or fireball for approval/corrections? No need for it to be as long and detailed (and rare :roll: ) as Z98's ones.
Soon there will be news about cooperating.
DOSGuy

Post by DOSGuy »

livestrong2109 wrote:It's always Z98... bud do yourself a favor and recrute someone to do these!
He tried. This is one of the things that he wants the PR Team to do. I don't have the background to ask useful questions of the developers about what they're doing to produce a remotely informative newsletter. There is probably no one better qualified to write the newsletter than Z98 and other members of the development team.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article. Get free BeOS, DOS, OS/2, and Windows games at RGB Classic Games.
fred02

Post by fred02 »

vicmarcal wrote:Soon there will be news about cooperating.
There seems to be quite some stirring behind the scene lately:
- fireball is making a new web site AND some big announcement about ARWINSS
- AmineKhaldi made ROS BE compatible with VS
- now this cooperation news from vicmarcal
You really make us salivate guys. :D
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

vicmarcal wrote:
EmuandCo wrote:Dreimi, would you join the Blogging staff dropping some info or screenshots from time to time?:D
Lol, why does everyone in the world call me Reimi? ^^ Sure I will join
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

EmuandCo wrote:
vicmarcal wrote:
EmuandCo wrote:Dreimi, would you join the Blogging staff dropping some info or screenshots from time to time?:D
Lol, why does everyone in the world call me Reimi? ^^ Sure I will join
Mr Daniel? :p
Nah, it was a pluffyplurry :3...maybe related to be a kind guy who is not just a dev but also an animal lover ;)
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

I love Z98's newsletters, but why not assign a backup person? Even baseball has relief pitchers. I don't begrudge Z98 a life, but it would be nice to have someone to fill those of us in the middle in on things. There are those here who are not novices but not developers either, and we love the explanations about the inner workings and the progress.